Freecycle - dont you just love it.

• 220 Replies

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Re: Freecycle - dont you just love it.
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2010, 19:20 »
I love some of the offers on it.

Posted on ours tonight.......

"[Freegle-Charnwood] OFFERED - Two-piece girl's swimming costume - LE11"

Shame my daughters are only one-piece girls.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Poolfield2

« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2010, 11:58 »
I love some of the offers on it.

Posted on ours tonight.......

"[Freegle-Charnwood] OFFERED - Two-piece girl's swimming costume - LE11"

Shame my daughters are only one-piece girls.

::) :lol:

pottyaboutgrowing

« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2010, 18:31 »
We are quite new to the world of free-cycle but so far we have had a beautiful quilt, 5 demi-johns, porta loo :wub: bed for spare room(very good quality and king size), computer mags, Boxes of books,wool, so not too bad, as a result we have put our old bed on to give too. It's a brilliant scheme. 8)To add to that list we now have a beautiful little Staffy/JR X she is 2 years old and a little sweetie, her name is Molly and we have had her only 1 week on Wednesday.  she was a rescue dog and had a very bad start to life. The lady we got her from rescued her and got her in good health, but was looking to re-home her for some time,, thankfully she chose us.. :D :D. and we love her very much ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 17:56 by pottyaboutgrowing »
Please make yourself at home! Clean my kitchen...    A  good balanced diet is a piece of cake! In each hand.:)

ex-cavator

« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2010, 23:54 »
Sometimes though Richie if you do that you can miss out on some good stuff as it goes to people like me who are on the internet all day  :lol:

Yeah there is that. But most people can't cope with the amount of mail it can generate. Apparently it's one of the reasons a lot of people quit freecycle groups.
I'm signed up for 8 different sites in an around Leicester ! it used to be one big group but they split it up  :(

Easy way to deal with all the mail is to set up a 'Freecycle' folder in your mailbox & then go into mail options & set up a rule whereby all mails with 'Freecycle' in the title are automatically directed into that folder rather than into your inbox. You can also set them to be automatically deleted after a prescribed time.

That way, you can just go & look at them whenever you feel like it, but without too many building up.

I've just got a load of stock fencing for my lotty of our local one  :)

Slowgrind

« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2010, 14:18 »
My Daughter In Law sent me a message the other day that her local Freecycle was offering Lasagne ingredients???

rachelr

Free cycle is the greatest
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2010, 12:47 »
Some kind person on here suggested I ask freecycle to see if any one had some egg boxes, whilst I was on i asked if any one had any manure. Loads of people offered me both boxes and pooh. :ohmy:

I am feeling so lucky
Thanks to the person who suggested it
 :D

ex-cavator

Re: Free cycle is the greatest
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2010, 13:40 »
Well done! I've had a load of great things off Freecycle (and given a lot of good stuff away as well). Best acquired was - in response to a wanted post - a Mountfield M1 6HP roravator complete with spares & a workshop manual  :lol:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2010, 13:52 »
Today we have just had what we consider the offer of the century off one of the free-cycle groups that I am a member of - 2 classic British motorcycles (both in need of a complete rebuild) a 1965 Triumph 650cc Saint (ex police bike - I had one of these in the days before mortgages and children  ::)) for me and a 1970/71 Norton 750 fastback for Jim. Peoples generosity is amazing,  :D
I took a dozen of my chickens eggs with me as a thankyou (I usually do this when getting owt for nowt) and it turns out he is the IT support for smallholder magazine and his wife used to write a column for fancy fowl magazine so the eggs seemed to be quite appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 14:10 by joyfull »
Staffies are softer than you think.

Ropster

« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2010, 21:27 »
the other week I picked up 2 tatty kenwood chef's and about 40ib of apples for my cider collection. love it

V8ACCobra

« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2010, 23:21 »
Yes I agree, excellent site I have had many shrubs, plants, cuttings and bulbs from there all now in France on my 3.5 acres need lots more to take over but collect and take a load over each trip A+++

wayne170534

« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2010, 08:51 »
ive been after one of them for ages debbie, saucepans just arnt big enough, did pick up a unused jack lalanne juicer the other day just after said to a friend "thats good might get one of them" lol
it wasnt me i didnt touch it!

xx
Freecycle

Started by EzLou on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2007, 10:06
by new_2_veg
xx
What is going on with Freecycle?

Started by Salmo on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 16:07
by lisa80
xx
freecycle

Started by evie2 on Frugal Living

12 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 20:19
by ex-cavator
xx
Freecycle

Started by Jeanieblue on Frugal Living

47 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 18:51
by wildeone

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 34 queries.