Fox attack

• 16 Replies

too many girls

Re: Fox attack
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 11:47 »
we had a rogue fox last year, i think he must have been dispatched one way or another as he hasn't been back, a few weeks ago the local hunt drew the wood next to our farm and foxes spilled out all over, hounds were off in every direction, last week someone thoughtfully left 4 dead foxes at our farm gate, they had all been shot, my point being my birds free range the farm, none are penned up, yet i haven't lost one to a fox since last june, i expected to lose the odd one and just hoped it wouldn't be a favourite, we have about 80 birds of various breeds and sizes, and they are everywhere, i don't really understand how none of them have been taken.

8doubles

Re: Fox attack
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 15:34 »
we had a rogue fox last year, i think he must have been dispatched one way or another as he hasn't been back, a few weeks ago the local hunt drew the wood next to our farm and foxes spilled out all over, hounds were off in every direction, last week someone thoughtfully left 4 dead foxes at our farm gate, they had all been shot, my point being my birds free range the farm, none are penned up, yet i haven't lost one to a fox since last june, i expected to lose the odd one and just hoped it wouldn't be a favourite, we have about 80 birds of various breeds and sizes, and they are everywhere, i don't really understand how none of them have been taken.
Do you keep dogs ? The local 'country' foxes must recognise that dogs can be 'bad news' and give areas that smell of them a miss . Another theory is that a pair of foxes will leave local prey (normally rabbits) as easy targets to train the fox cubs with.

xx
Cat attack

Started by danfinn1 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 07, 2015, 11:47
by Snoop
xx
Hen Attack

Started by Blobbs on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post July 31, 2012, 23:29
by Chicken star
xx
Cat attack?

Started by little brown hen on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 06, 2012, 06:48
by little brown hen
xx
Fox attack?

Started by bantam novice on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 19, 2015, 08:31
by Sassy

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 35 queries.