Owt for Nowt

• 20 Replies

Sally A

Owt for Nowt
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 19:15 »
the Somerfield baskets have been a godsend, collecting plums and beans - much more stable than a trug or box, even next door was eyeing them up so I gave him a couple.

Just to let you all know that Somerfield have redesigned their baskets so are clearing out  the old style with the writing on the side, and getting some with their name on an angled lip at both narrow ends.

Go and fill you boots - with permission of course! :wink:

muntjac

Owt for Nowt
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 23:35 »
just a note on the black pallet things .if you want pallets ask for them as most companies now dont bother returning them .the haulage companies just go to a reclaimer site and get lorry loads for a £1 each  if you see them .. ask for them  if they say yes take the broken ones as well as a courtesy ,chop em up n sell the sticks for firewood ..... loike  wot i do  :wink:
still alive /............

mackem

Owt for Nowt
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 00:28 »
My Daughter's Fiance drive's for a pallet company, two weeks ago i asked him if he could get me any wood for making wheelbarrow planters and to be honest i then forgot about it anyway last Friday morning at 11-00am he phoned me to say he'd be at mine in 20 mins and "was i feeling fit " cos he had some wood for me.Sure enough he arrived with his wagon and opened the side curtains to show me what he'd brought. 654 lengths of 2400x75x12 pieces of spruce, to say i am happy is an understatement especially as my hobby is woodworking. :D  :D  :D

Sally A

Owt for Nowt
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 16:35 »
Just been to the Somerfield Car Park, there's a skip in it with all the old style baskets and some other goodies.

Asked manager if I could help meself, told him that it was for picking/storing apples etc, and I was aware that the handle bit was broken, and he said help myself to the skip contents.

managed to get 34 baskets; mushroom boxes, some black drip tray thingies that hold about 8 seed trays.

May go back tomorrow as there was a flower display thing that holds those buckets which would be good for vertically growing container type plants, and another see through display wotsit that might be OK for a long but mini cloche arrangement.

PS. Was so taken with the skip contents, forgot to buy anything for tea, have beer, wine, bread and fags..........Hey Ho!

With his blessing I filled me boot with a bg smile on my face, but nudge-nudge looks from others in the car park.

Check out your Somerfield NOW! Not BOGOFF but totally free!!!

flatcap

• Experienced Member
Owt for Nowt
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 19:16 »
sallya,

that sounds like the perfect tea to me

wildeone

Owt for Nowt
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 19:52 »
Quote from: "mackem"
My Daughter's Fiance drive's for a pallet company, two weeks ago i asked him if he could get me any wood for making wheelbarrow planters and to be honest i then forgot about it anyway last Friday morning at 11-00am he phoned me to say he'd be at mine in 20 mins and "was i feeling fit " cos he had some wood for me.Sure enough he arrived with his wagon and opened the side curtains to show me what he'd brought. 654 lengths of 2400x75x12 pieces of spruce, to say i am happy is an understatement especially as my hobby is woodworking. :D  :D  :D

Sounds like he's sweetening you up before the big day!!! :lol:

xx
Pallets - Shy bairns get nowt!

Started by AndyRVTR on Frugal Living

15 Replies
Last post October 23, 2008, 21:36
by min200

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 32 queries.