Wine glass styles...

• 33 Replies

LilacSandy

Re: Wine glass styles...
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 11:25 »
I only use crystal glasses, Dad started me off when he gave me a Waterford crystal water jug and I just loved the weight and the way the light bounces off it.  To the despair of my poor OH I have two cabinets full, I have wine glasses and goblets, sherry, port, brandy and loads that I have absolutely no idea what they are for.  Very few have cost me more than £1 each and I will only pay that if there is a full set.  I scour the boxes on car boots and can always rely on getting a few from our local tip shop usually about 50p each.  I have some Stuart and some Waterford I do not use but happily use the rest.

I find that when you are getting sleepy and drop off, the weight of the glass means that I usually wake up with it still upright in my hand.  :D

Growster...

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 19:44 »
Dropping off like that rather cuts out the middle 'woman' doesn't it Lilac...;0)

LilacSandy

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2013, 09:59 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

sarajane

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 22:06 »
This post has just reminded me that I need to wash my crystal wine glasses.  I have 2 sets and some beautiful heavy brandy glasses but this is the only time of year they come out.  I have 3 shelves in the kitchen full of odd glasses, one or 3 being the old free garage glasses, hence the posh uns only come out at Christmas. 

I do enjoy washing them though and love to see them sparkle on a white cloth.

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 39 queries.