Tens Machine ?

• 12 Replies

mrs bouquet

Tens Machine ?
« on: February 29, 2020, 15:02 »
A doctor has recommended I get one.  Looking at them today, there are many of them.   Does any body use one or can recommend please ?  Regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Tens Machine ?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 16:22 »
I have a cheap n cheerful Lloyds Pharmacy one for when my sciatic nerve gets irritable ;)

LloydsPharmacy dual channel digital TENS pain reliever | LloydsPharmacy

MrsPea

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 17:14 »
I had one years ago for my hands i'm not so sure it did a lot of good i still ended up with Rheumatoid and carpel tunnel.
What,s yours for Mrs B ?
I Love my green house

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 19:07 »
I have neuropathic nerve damage all over my body.   This has been caused by spinal damage, shingles, and fibromyalgia.   Apparently this is why I have carpal tunnel now, as well.  Monday I have to collect Capsaicin Cream and patches, and start taking Duloxetine as well as my Amitriptylene.    Tiger Balm and Deep Heat can help, as it makes the brain think about different pain.  It has cost me £80 today to have a person finally tell me what it is.    He is referring me back to the Rheumy man back at the hospital  for more MRI and conduction nerve tests again..    All I want is a nights pain free sleep  :closedeyes   Mrs Bouquet

Wellington

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 22:52 »
Boots will hire them too you, so you can see if it will help without committing. I think it’s aimed at helping with labour pains, but anyone can try them.

I think it’s something tens could be very successful with. Pain is actually a very slow nerve response and will generally be headed off by other sensations.  Amitryptiline will absolutely knock you for six, but is very effective at dealing nighttime nerve pain. There are alternative meds for nerve pain if knocks you too far back. I hope it helps, because nerve pain is horrible, and needs very different treatment from musculoskeletal pain.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 09:20 »
Doctor tried me on a low dose of Amitriptylene for my back/leg pain and it knocked me for 6, I just couldn't wake up in the mornings, so stopped taking them  ::) I take 1 or 2 Codydramol at bedtime so I can sleep through the pain, and another later if I'm having a 'bad' night or day.

MrsPea

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 16:20 »
  He is referring me back to the Rhumany man
I take it you mean the Rheumatoid man ?? who do you see at Worthing ??
 Have you been on  Amitriptylene before i refused to take them as they make you depressed i certainly didn't need that, hopefully your on the right road for getting some relief.  :)

8doubles

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 21:57 »
Have a Google for Actipatch.
My sister said that the BIL is now off Tramadol after using one for his back .
I believe she said they are available from the NHS.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 22:40 »
My sister said that the BIL is now off Tramadol after using one for his back .
I believe she said they are available from the NHS.

I've just ordered a 7 day trial pack, to see if it works for me ;)

ARPoet

• Experienced Member
  • I love growing and eating beans
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 06:37 »
I have been using TENS for years. the first one was about 25 years ago and was the size of 2 DVD recorders. Now they are smaller than a little radio. My latest i got off ebay, new for just over 20 quid. I woud not be able to garden without it.
Roger.

Its Grand Being Daft

jezza

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 20:03 »
Hello I serviced a strimmer a while ago for a mate he held the spark plug against the engine whilst I pulled the starter cord it gave him a wallop he sweaters that that's why his arthritis is better than it was have you a local machinery dealer that might let you hold a spark plug once in a while  jezza

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 08:56 »
I've just ordered a 7 day trial pack, to see if it works for me ;)
It arrived and I attached it at 11am. I noticed a tingling during the day and thought that was it doing it's thing.
I went to bed with it on as the packet recommended (no switch on trial packet) after taking usual pain-killers. Woke up with pain and cramp 3 times during the night, I'd taken it off by 3am.  Everything below the base of my spine is sore now. This is how my last acupuncture session affected me, so I hope this wears off as quickly.
Don't think I'll be buying any more :(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2020, 12:16 »
Sorry to hear about your patches Mum.  It is so much trial and error.

Yesterday, I was telling a friend I need to get a Tens, and thought about my old one.  Where did it go, why did I stop using it  etc ??      About 3am last night, I woke up and went to a wardrobe, and there was the box, bunged away at the back.     This morning I have put in a new battery and I am sitting here with it tweaking on my back.    I have no instruction book, so that will be trial and error.    It says it is a Bio Tens, that's all.
But I have found The Tens Company, who sell all machines and leads, patches etc.    I think I will order some new pads/patches, the old ones feel a bit squelchy.      So many thanks to you for your replies.   Mrs Bouquet

xx
New washing machine

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post March 21, 2024, 16:29
by jaydig
xx
Washing machine instructions

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 18, 2020, 12:57
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 49 queries.