finally hip operation in sight

• 27 Replies

LILLILEAF

finally hip operation in sight
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:00 »
I have had a letter for my pre op assesment,after 2yrs of waiting,at last i will get my loose hip removed and a new one put in,this time it will be in straight and it will not be loose.
I will have to try depending on the weather,on getting my ground dug and my spuds in,and every thing else in need to do done before i go in.Fingers crossed it will go ahead and it won't be cancelled at the last second.Lillileaf
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:17 by DD. »

Pescador

Re: finally hip operation in sight
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 07:38 »
Hope it all happens soon, and goes well.
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:22 »
Fingers crossed here as well  :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:45 »
I had mine done a few years ago but all went ok. I do hope you get yours done properly this time and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 13:20 »
Best wishes Lillileaf that it all goes smoothly & you are soon up & about. Might be worth getting some help for this season even if you have to pay, you don’t want to hinder your recovery.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 16:47 »
If your post op recovery coincides with the manic early growing and sowing season, perhaps consider covering some of your plot, and maybe growing a little less of everything than you usually do in a smaller space.  That way, if you can't get help, at least you will be able to take things gently and still have a little of everything you like.  Quite a few veg can be sown as a second, later crop, so if you are up to it later in the season you could uncover more ground for second sowings.
All the best, and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 18:51 »
Thank you soooo much for all your kind wishes and thoughts,i think this weekend will be nice so I will be in the spud patch digging away.
I have already sewn my onions and my toms,the toms are up,just sewn a few more.
Also potted some sweet peppers,i put the seeds in to late last year I had not realised how long they take to grow.
I will get my peas started and my runner beans in the next few weeks.
Once again
     Thank you

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 21:53 »
Bit early for runner beans, you don’t plant out until after the last frost, so for me would be at least May

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 14:18 »
Lillileaf, as said it's far too early for beans except broad beans, and don't forget that you will have to cope with the after-effects of the op, not just the pain bit but your body will need to recover as well. Keep things to a minimum for this year and allow yourself some me-time to get better properly.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 20:41 »
I am not good at waiting, not a good patient either,i am a person that needs to be busy all the time,they ask you to do a lot of walking after the operation so your muscles will get stronger.
The first hip op I had it done on the Wednesday and I was out on the Friday,they seem to kick you out asap,i know this will be a bigger op as they have to remove the old parts first,then prepare every thing for the new implant it may take between 5 and 8 hrs,so I better behave myself :lol:.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 05:54 »
I have been for the pre op assessment so its not going to be long,they said they have to get it done in the next 8wks,i thought i was having the right one done again,but it turns out i am having the left one done first, even better they will do both this year  :)i won't be going to the back of the line,i have already waited 89 wks,i would not like to wait another 2yrs,i would be on my hands and knees by then.Lillileaf

snowdrops

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 08:26 »
That must be a great relief to you, knowing you are finally(89 weeks phew)going to get sorted. I wish you all the very best for your operations & hope you are soon gardening to your hearts desire on your new pins 😊🍾

LILLILEAF

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 20:42 »
Thank you snowdrops for your kind words,i will be so glad to get it done,only thing sick pay does not go very far £89.35per week,i need to find out if there is any other help out there :unsure:,at least its a nice time of year to have the time off,but it does not pay the rent :ohmy:.

LILLILEAF

Re: finally hip operation in sight im still waiting!!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 07:38 »
Yes i am still waiting the 8 wks since the pre op has passed :(,then the hospital rang on wednesday 25/4/18,to say they can book me in for monday 30/4/18 yippee,so now im getting all the last jobs done in the garden and in the house,i need to go in the day before sunday the 29th.
All going very well,some thing is going to happen?,yes it does i get a phone call yesterday and its CANCELLED,i did not no weather to cry or scream,very bad mood follows , i have to tell the boss after she has made plans while i am off,she was sad for me its been cancelled and not to worry.
Then i get a message to say your op is all booked for monday,this was from the surgeons secretary it has her taken 2 days to send details of where to go???,she did not no it has been cancelled,don't these people talk to each other?.Lllileaf.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 08:07 »
That is bad news Lillileaf  :(  I hope they can reschedule fairly quickly for you and manage to get the correct message through next time.

xx
hip operation done

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

21 Replies
Last post May 30, 2018, 12:15
by LILLILEAF
xx
hip operation 3 weeks on

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post July 03, 2018, 13:24
by Goosegirl
xx
Carpal tunnel operation

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post December 18, 2018, 13:55
by AlaninCarlisle
xx
Carpal tunnel operation

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

17 Replies
Last post November 18, 2020, 10:33
by AlaninCarlisle

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 52 queries.