I know the rules.... so here is the photo

• 39 Replies

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: I know the rules.... so here is the photo
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 18:13 »
He is keeping his place in the pack by walking at the back.  Bit like pecking order of chickens.

You could try the cold tea recipe for the smell.  Just make tea and let it cool enough to bathe Charlie in.  It will take a few times but should clear the smell.  I know it sounds crazy but it really does work.   :wacko:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 19:36 »
Charlie is making fabulous progress. He looks such a sweetheart.  :D

When it's hot out, my dog doesn't eat much either but we never get anywhere near 45C so not surprising Charlie might not feel like eating. Even humans don't eat much in that heat. Don't know how anyone can stand it. 

I can´t I stay indoors!  When it is this hot it is too hot to go into the pool even, sounds daft, but it is far too hot!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 23:11 »
Charlie is settled in nicely now- he has even had a go at chewing a newspaper, a scratching mat the cats use and a deck chair!!    He has gone from being a quiet timid thing to a huge lumbering monster  :lol: :lol:  He is lovely though.  He and Jumbo were chasing each other about tonight, it was fun to watch, then Lola joined in, but she got annoyed and chased Charlie, trying to bite him!  She is such a placid dog normally!

Pamela

Trillium

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 04:06 »
That sounds very promising for Charlie. I think Lola has some jealousy issues that she'll eventually get over when she realizes Charlie is there to stay. Sounds like Charlie will make a nice hot bag of cement for your feet  :D

Agatha

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 15:14 »
Oh, he is beautiful & lovely to see him looking happier and more relaxed.  I wondered if it might be worth using that harness rather than a collar when you take him into new situations as it won't have the negative associations of collars for him (and also less easy to escape from!)  I used a harness for my girl whenever we went out for the first few months - we still use it now for anything potentially scary. (She was terrified of leads and sticks at first but is fine now)
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 21:24 »
awww looking at the picture of charlie hugging the wall and then the one with him going for a walk you can see a big difference. he looks like a right sweety. I know the feeling with the dog hair I thought my dalmatian was bad but then we got our husky and as soon as the sun comes out there is hair everywhere. I sometimes think hes hiding a whole sled team somewhere  :lol: I wish we could say the weather in England was good enough to sleep outside its like a hurricane outside summer i think not. Look forward to seeing more of charlies progress  :)

Oliveview

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 08:03 »
Mili has just walked in the living room, Charlie straight away lowered his head, Mili is the boss, all 3kg of her (if that)

I think he is more 18 months - 2 years he is a boisterous puppy  :ohmy: and as for slobbery licks!

Pamela

evie2

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 10:58 »
Just caught up with this.  Poor Charlie, doesn't sound like he had much of a life before you rescued him Pamela.  You can see by the photo's he's settling down already, he's a very lucky boy to become part of your family :D

We had a rescued border collie, she was about 6 months when she came to us.  She was very nervous, had no manners, wasn't used to being inside, had separation issues, thought Ali needed rounding up all the time (which he probably did ::)), hardly ate any food, was terrified of collars, leads, brushes, the hoover and washing machine, the list goes on.  It took a while but she came to realise we didn't want to harm her and eventually she grew into a very loving and faithful girl :)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 11:33 »
My neighbour has just got one the same evie2.  Wouldn't go over the doorstep, hates cars but loves the Council grass cutter which is more like a tractor.  She was petrified of the tv but is slowly settling in.

evie2

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 11:35 »
It take time but it's always worth it in the end :)

xx
Allotment rules re: Beehives

Started by Asherweef on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post June 25, 2013, 19:54
by ANHBUC
xx
Cute photo alert!

Started by Foghorn-Leghorn on Pets without Feathers

29 Replies
Last post June 14, 2010, 18:31
by Foghorn-Leghorn
xx
Pup that lost her eye- warning graphic photo

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

14 Replies
Last post August 18, 2013, 22:23
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 38 queries.