Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel

• 260 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2013, 12:07 »
Foghorn's diary

I'm so excited .....  and I just can't hide it ........ lalalalalala whatever the rest is :D :D :D

Mum has done me proud.  The new baby girls are hiding in the coop at the moment, but mum took a picture for me to see

Soooooo cute.  They are adorable and look like they are going to grow up into beauties  :D  And Alphie reckons he has supermodels for girls.  Last years models more like.  Wait till he sees these two  ;)

His pair were giving him a real good ear bashing earlier.  Don't know what that was about but he's the walking, crowing epitomy of hen-pecked that one  :lol: 

I shall be the perfect gent with these two and before you know it, they'll be putty in my claws  ;)  :D
IMG_0566_zpsa7f16243.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:04 by New shoot »

snowdrops

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2013, 12:37 »
Well Foghorn they are really 2 cute babes aren't they, you must be very kind to them you know or when they get bigger they won't want to know you & you know what that means don't you :ohmy: They'll be giving Alphie the eye.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

splash101

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 12:59 »
Beautiful   :D

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 18:56 »
You are a lucky lad Foghorn, what beautiful colours your new girls have.  They are going to be real stunners when they grow up.  Good luck with acting like a gent!   :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 22:06 »
They are 2 of the prettiest chickens I've ever seen :D
Foggy will be so pleased. :happy:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2013, 08:28 »
Foghorn's diary

They'll be giving Alphie the eye ............  as Aunty would say 'Nevva'   :ohmy:

Good luck with being the perfect gent ........... splutter.  I'll have you lot know I know my manners and was brought up proper thank you  :closedeyes:

Mum put the babies in the run this morning as she said they needed to get used to outside, not just sit in the coop all day.  They were a bit nervous at first, but then they found the pellets and everything was fine  :D

I tried calling over softy 'Hi girls, what are your names', but they are too shy to tell me.  Bless  :)   They need to do a bit of growing up before they tackle the rest of the girls.  Everyone is very curious to see, but I have already laid down the ground rules.  We had a team brief this morning and I told them straight.  'These are our 2 new girls and I will not tolerate any funny business thank you girls.  Was head high, shoulders back, so they know I mean it  ;)

Are you lot listening to me ?  I said ........... whaddya mean, you heard the first five times.  Yoda you even awake there ? Sigh  ::)  Good job Alphie's run is down the other end of the garden at the momemt.  He would be loving this  ::)
IMG_0568_zpsf2b64033.jpg
IMG_0575_zps26896596.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:05 by New shoot »

Springlands

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2013, 10:01 »
Well Foghorn - I hope you appreciate the lovely new chicks that Mum got for you and thanked her properly.  So good that your Mum taught you good manners - they are the mark of a gentleman.  ;)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2013, 09:41 »
very pretty girls Foggy, you are such a lucky boy  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

ANHBUC

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2013, 10:22 »
Don't forget its your Mums Birthday tomorrow boys.  I hope you have thought of a nice surprise for her.   ;)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2013, 19:18 »
Alphie's diary

Naomi is stuck to me like glue at the moment, making sure I'm not eyeing up the new chicks  ::)  Eva has gone broody and I reckon she's staying out of it on purpose.  Even when I was giving the new girls a taste of my dulcet tones, Naomi was straight there saying 'and just are you showing off to!'

I tried buttering her up when mum brought a few dandelion leaves over - gave her the lot, but no dice.  She reckons she knows me better than to be fooled by that.  Honestly  ::)  Mum says I should be flattered that she's so keen to keep me to herself, but there's plenty of me to go round  ;)

Managed to sneak a little look today when dad let us out for a run.  They were preening their feathers and what feathers  8)  If Foggy thinks he's getting a free run to these two without me trying a shot or two, he's kidding himself  :lol:

Mum reckons they are eating her out of house and home in growers pellets and are growing fast.  Nothing wrong with a girl with a healthy appetite  :D
IMG_0584_zps0e8224f9.jpg
IMG_0588_zps454bcf5a.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:06 by New shoot »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2013, 17:40 »
Foghorn's diary

Been introducing myself to the two new cuties today.  They are still a bit shy, but are growing up fast.

I was on my best behaviour, but didn't get a lot out of them, so I thought 'Right, let's show you two what a fine figure of a Serama I am'.  Shoulders back, wings down, tail up - how can they resist  ;)

My lot were totally indifferent as usual  ::)  Way too busy digging for worms and filling their faces, but I reckon I made an impression alright with the new girls. They definately like me best and have no interest in the little white pipsqueak  :)

Can't wait for them to get bigger, so they can come and live with the big gang.  I'm going to make sure they get treated like ladies and if any of my lot step out of line, there will be trouble.  These two are way too pretty to have any feathers ruffled  ;)  :D

Alphie's diary

Out in the garden today and look who came running over to see me.  Mind you Naomi wasn't too far behind  ::)  Got a peck for this one, but it was worth it diary, it was worth it  ;)

They know a real man when they see one, not like that pumped up show off Foggy.  He reckons these two are his, but I haven't given up yet  ;)  Naomi wandered off so went to see mum.

'Hiya mum - its your favourite boy here to see you :)  You know these two girls, well they definately like me best sooooooo .................'

Mum rolled her eyes again.  'Alphie, we've been through this.  Naomi will kill you if she hears you talking this way and anyway there isn't enough room in your coop and run for four girls'.

Pah  :mad:  Hasn't she heard of an extention, or we could link the two runs together, or ............ hang on ........ I might just catch mum before she goes back inside.  'Mum - I've got an idea!'  Got to run diary  ;)  :lol:
IMG_0600_zpsd3ac16f6.jpg
IMG_0602_zps355bd82c.jpg
IMG_0614_zpsb30973ec.jpg
IMG_0616_zpse812a226.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:09 by New shoot »

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2013, 19:05 »
Norty Alphie trying to pinch Foggy's girlies!! :tongue2:

That's not on y'know - what will your lovely ladies think Alphie? :D

Love this thread :D

ANHBUC

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2013, 19:30 »
That casual glance over your shoulder was a nice touch Foggy, I bet they are really impressed.   ;)

Alphie, do you really want any more ladies telling you what you can and can't do? 

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2013, 17:40 »
Foghorn's diary

Still waiting to meet the new girls face to face  ::)  They moved house this week as mum discovered their old coop had a panel loose, so they are in the rabbit hutch and run.  Mum's been introducing them to new foods - they have got the right idea about greens now.  Looked at them with great suspicion before.  I'll soon teach them all the best places to dig and where the good stuff is, once they move in  :)

The greens were particularly good today.  I asked mum what they were and she sighed and said 'Bolted Foggy.  That's what they are - bolted'.  I like bolted.  Its very tasty  :D

The little white pipsqueak was yelling over that their bolted was different and was even better.  Mum told him to calm down and said it was mixed oriental bolteds so they would look different.  Oriental  ??? What like a chinese takeaway for chickens Mum?  See what I did there  :lol:  Tasted even better when mum fed me bits by hand.  C'mon mum, more please.  That bit went down a bit quick  :D

IMG_0644_zps9fc757be.jpg
IMG_0647_zpse1d08846.jpg
IMG_0639_zps8079f92c.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:11 by New shoot »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2013, 17:39 »
Alphie's diary

Alphie, do you really want any more ladies telling you what you can and can't do?

Phew diary! What a day!

ANHBUC you are a wise lady and I promise to listen to you in future.  Mum let the two new girls out with Foggy's lot today and guess who had to bring them over to show off to  ::)  Eva is still broody so retired to her nest with scathing looks in their direction, but Naomi just stood and glared.

One of them is just starting to get her real voice and stop cheeping.  Crikey, she sounds like she's been smoking 20 Woodbines a day for years - gruff or what  :ohmy:  They were very over excited at being out and were running round like crazy things.  One of mum's friends had popped round and was laughing her head off at them.  She suggested mum called them bubble brain and air head, but mum said no  :lol:  Anyway after a bit more discussion, they decided on Patsy and Edina.  I asked why and mum said they were two fashionistas off the telly that were a bit ditzy and silly  :lol:

Course the new girls only heard fashionista and you know what teenage girls are like  ::)  They were well pleased and started prancing round flapping their wings to show their feathers off.

Naomi had been quietly simmering the whole time and just exploded. 'Just what I thought!  No class at all and only fit for the big run!'  Beyonce was not impressed and marched straight over saying 'and just what do you mean by that you stuck-up bag of feathers :ohmy: 

Foggy was off on his toes straight away, down the other end of the garden in a flash, leaving me to break it up!  They were beak to beak, trading insults and there was I, trying to look impressive and stamp my authority.   'Ladies stop that!  Ladies ........... LAYYYYDDDDEEEEEESSSSSS ...........'

Mum came and broke it up, but Naomi is not speaking to me.  Says I should have told Beyonce what I thought of her.  Actually Beyonce is a bit of a babe, but can't let Naomi know I think that  :lol:  Yes, all in all, I reckon I have quite enough on my plate with these diva supermodels of mine  ::)  ;)  :lol:
IMG_0654_zpsbe08aeab.jpg
IMG_0656_zps0001fd7c.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:12 by New shoot »

xx
Bantie Orpintons???

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:56
by Evansent
sad
Hen now cockerel

Started by The Goods on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 21:06
by Paul Plots
xx
I went out for a cockerel and came back with....

Started by Honeysuckle on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2011, 17:25
by joyfull
xx
Ixworth Cockerel

Started by PBOV on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post July 11, 2012, 15:01
by joyfull

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 56 queries.