Scared, worried and don't know what to do.

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Scared, worried and don't know what to do.
« on: January 03, 2021, 15:31 »
On Tuesday I have an appointment at Worthing Hospital Eye Clinic.    The last check should have been last March, but they cancelled it (Covid)  this is the replacement appointment.  I have had cornea transplants and the tear ducts permanently sealed.   The clinic is about 8 /10 miles from me and the time is 2.30.   It says to come alone, but must not drive due to possible eye drop.  To get there I need 3 buses, (the village one only goes every 2 hours now and is often full).    I rang and spoke to clinic about going and she assured me everything is very very clean, and appointments are much quicker due to fewer patients.
If I cancel it, it may well be another year before they can see me.  Or do I take the risk and go ??  Mrs Bouquet
I have masks and a face shield !
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: Scared, worried and don't know what to do.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 15:46 »
I think you go but get someone to take you & wait outside for you to bring you home, is there a family member or friend that could drive you or at the least accompany you on the bus? A bit late to request transport, or is it?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 19:13 »
Get over there any way you can mrs bouquet, I'm sure you won't regret it.  As you may remember I have/had an ocular melanoma and with M.G.D. Meibomian Gland Dysfunction) in both eyes, tell me moe about having sealed tear ducts, (this is the tube that drains the tears away)?  I'm slowly going blind in the eye with the melanoma as the treatment (Proton Beam Therapy) has lifted the retina and it's a right pain trying to do fine work in the shed.  Please keep us all informed about your progress.

Cheers,  Tony. ::)
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 22:04 »
Hello does your local authority run a medibusi have to go for eye treatment on the 25th of this month i m ring in up to book our local medical bus door to door service this service accepts  bus passes  ,there should be a patient transport service number on the letter you received with the appointment on dont cancel the hospital will be extremely vigilant with cleanliness    jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 15:01 »
No lifts, I am afraid.   I must start to pick friends that drive !

My tear ducts where sealed shut (it might have been cauturised).   It was very painful, and smelt of burning.  I think he just melted my skin together.    This was done, because - there is never an action without a reaction -
In my case, when the corneas were replaced it lead to very very dry eye.  As Tony rightly says, the tear ducts drain the eye fluid away.  Many people think it is where the tears come from, but not so.   By sealing the tear ducts, it prevents the moisture from draining and keeps the eyeball more fluid.  The result of that is that water runs down my face all the time, because it cannot drain.   I have to use an eye lubricant about once an hour, and have to use  steroid drops each morning.    If I had not had the transplants (donated) I would be blind by now, and I hate to think of that going to waste by not attending, so with reluctance, I shall go and just take it steady.  If I have to sleep in the car for a while, then so be it.   Mrs B

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 16:32 »
Sending hugs and positive vibes for tomorrow. 

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 18:23 »
Hope it's gone OK today, Mrs B  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

GraciesGran

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 19:45 »
Been thinking of you all day. Hope things went ok

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 48 queries.