Talk about putting pressure on a girl

• 3 Replies

gracie

• Experienced Member
Talk about putting pressure on a girl
« on: September 08, 2011, 16:18 »
Esmerelda started to lay when we were on holiday, but of two chickens we didnt actually know which one had laid. Fortunately our first day at home we heard a loud chicken noise and realised it was Esmerelda. I found it incredible how the others didnt follow her as they usually do, none of them are ever apart. They obviously knew that it was something they had to let her do on her own. She was a good girl as first egg was in the nest box, this fascinated me, how did she know how to do that. She had no bigger chickens to tell her. Before I went away I did tell them what the nest boxes were for, I didnt think they were listening but obviously she was.
Yesterday, Gracie laid her first egg, though hers was on the path, it was a gorgeous blue/green. She is the one on the bars beside my son. Not sure if she is pure cream legbar or not, think she must be by the colour of the egg. The dad was certainly but mum could have been one of two.
The photo is of them all waiting for Es to finish her laying, she did take an hour in all. Guess she felt under pressure to perform

bantam novice

Re: Talk about putting pressure on a girl
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 20:20 »
 :D
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 22:44 »
Lovely photo!  The whole gang perched, waiting for an egg.  :D

I hope that young lad of yours does something as useful as laying eggs.  Otherwise you could trade him in and get another chicken.  :tongue2:

gracie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 14:03 »
Dont tempt me, getting more chickens that is. My husband is extending the run for me this week, so i have room for more, but at present other than squashing a few plants and spreading leaves everywhere, oh and all the feathers that make it look like a farmyard, the chickens havent really had a bad affect on my garden. I think if i got more that would change so will be sticking with 4.

xx
Please talk to me about Pekins (bantams).

Started by JaK on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post July 02, 2013, 18:42
by grinling
xx
Talk about cashing in on a popular hobby!

Started by Casey76 on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post June 17, 2010, 11:14
by gsc
xx
Putting my new babies to bed.

Started by NormandyMary on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post September 28, 2011, 20:47
by bantam novice
xx
Putting the girls away

Started by alisonwo on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post November 12, 2010, 14:23
by Haychee

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 38 queries.