Putting eggs on a church stall...?

• 18 Replies

Raven81

Re: Putting eggs on a church stall...?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 22:59 »
You may be right, the wording in my book is "you do not have to mark eggs sold at your farm gate or delivered by hand to customers, but they cannot be used in the catering industry". I also read online (but i can't find where) that only class A eggs can be used in the catering industry.
I'll get off my soap box now before the thread ends up going on a tangent!
The glass is neither half empty or half full - it is simply the incorrect size! Find a new glass!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 23:10 »
You may be right, the wording in my book is "you do not have to mark eggs sold at your farm gate or delivered by hand to customers, but they cannot be used in the catering industry". I also read online (but i can't find where) that only class A eggs can be used in the catering industry.
I'll get off my soap box now before the thread ends up going on a tangent!

No Raven, not soapbox at all, we all learn something new every day, and I've learnt a lot from some of the people on here, but also a lot more from some of the professional poultry breeders and rearers we know and also DEFRA guidelines.  However DEFRA do say that eggs sold at the farmgate should be marked with a best before date, or a note to say use within 3 weeks of buying or something like that.  

Most of the time we don't get enough eggs for ourselves, let alone our customers!  :lol:  So most of what we sell has been laid that day or the day before, and most of our customers are regulars.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 23:12 by GrannieAnnie »

Dominic

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 09:48 »
You can sell eggs at the "farm" gate.
The church stall isnt the farm gate, so you could be on shaky legal ground.
I'm aware a church stall isn't a farm gate, but lots of people ask for donations outside their houses for produce and eggs and they aren't farms either, so I was wondering how far the rules went. But at least I know now that its more likely to be an issue
My assumption was that my garden gate was an acceptable stand in for a farm gate.

The law means* that you can sell eggs from the property they are laid at.

*Not a lawyer
We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

evie2

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 12:08 »
If anything it just proves to me that 'free' is not always appreciated by some people and generosity is often taken for granted as a right by others, sad really :(

I love the koha lindeggs :D  We were brought up to always take a 'minding' or contribution to gatherings or visits and our children do the same, sometimes we end up with 3 or 4 puddings ::) :lol:
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

xx
Putting the girls away

Started by alisonwo on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post November 12, 2010, 14:23
by Haychee
xx
Putting my new babies to bed.

Started by NormandyMary on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post September 28, 2011, 20:47
by bantam novice
xx
Talk about putting pressure on a girl

Started by gracie on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 14:03
by gracie
xx
Just got two eggs

Started by Springlands on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post January 03, 2011, 16:06
by arugula

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 39 queries.