Will they ever lay again?

• 1 Replies

treacleminer

« on: April 10, 2008, 21:32 »
Hi all, opinions information please :)  I have 2 warren hybrids which are about 3 years old - were originally laying non-stop but slowed down about a year ago and have not layed at all for the last 6 months or so except for the odd soft shelled/shell less egg and an occasional wierd rubbery thing!  Have both now moulted have lovely bright red combs and pale legs, loads of energy - you should see the mad dash for the cats food bowl when they are let out of their run :lol: BUT NO EGGS!
Do I just enjoy them and hope that at least they are doing something to the slug population - and get some more for eggs pure breeds this time? or what?  Also have a younger (8 month old) speckledy and bluebelle who are both laying so lack of eggs doesn't really matter.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 21:37 »
Well I've had warrens and yes they lay like maniacs but I reckon your've done well out of them, let them have a nice retirement if you can and take any eggs as a lucky extra.  :D
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 28 queries.