Frugal Living and Wild Mushrooms.

• 19 Replies

compostqueen

Re: Frugal Living and Wild Mushrooms.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 21:46 »
I ate some mushrooms and I had the wildest dreams and screaming ab dabs. We checked the book when I got to work the following day and I would have been fine had I not had a glass of wine with them. You live and learn.  It could have been a whole lot worse though. The guy that gave me the mushrooms was very experienced, but not infallible

JohnB

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 20:22 »
John, please note paragraph 1 of the site policies:

Deliberately disrupting topics, unfriendliness or bad manners to others has no place here. 

Your most recent comment was rude to another member, and contained what was clearly intended to be a swear word.

Such conduct is not acceptable on this forum.

"what was clearly intended to be a swear word."  I think you need to point this out as none is visible nor intended

JohnB

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 20:32 »
If you value your life and your health go on a proper foraging course with an expert mycologist in charge.  Don't try to teach yourself from a book.

My dad and many others round here poached and foraged for mushrooms all their lives.  He was taught by his dad and taught my brothers and me too.  But even he made himself ill a few times, luckily nothing too serious.
You seem to be saying that books are not as reliable as people while impling your father was very knowlable if not an expert? While managing to poison himself?? It appears therefore that you are saying to not use a book and instead use an expert mycologist......like your father and Grandfather?
    I also beleive there is another name for poaching, personaly I would not brag about somone in my family doing it.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 20:34 »
I've had enough of this nonsense. 
Cheese makes everything better.

Trillium

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 00:26 »
JohnB - please keep this friendly and not personal, which is the way it's sinking right now. If comments cannot be kept useful or helpful, then we've no choice but to lock this thread.

xx
Love frugal living

Started by Beekissed on Frugal Living

14 Replies
Last post February 16, 2015, 10:01
by joyfull
xx
Wild Mushrooms - edible or not?

Started by gavinjconway on Frugal Living

20 Replies
Last post November 16, 2011, 15:00
by ANHBUC
xx
It may be frugal, but .....

Started by mrs bouquet on Frugal Living

25 Replies
Last post December 13, 2010, 10:25
by elibump
xx
a frugal site 2

Started by chrissie B on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post January 13, 2009, 02:38
by allotmentnut

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 38 queries.