Dogs on beds

• 50 Replies

VegGirl7

• Experienced Member
    • allotmentforaginghomebrewadventures
Re: Dogs on beds
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 14:33 »
We have 2 cats (Bongo and Bear) and 1 dog (Theia), a Saluki.  Theia sometimes starts the night on the bed but soon gets grumpy when we move and gets off onto her own bed on the bedroom floor (well it is my bed and I will move if I want to  :tongue2: ) – she is allowed on for morning cuddles though, she lies in the crook of OH’s legs and rests her head over his thighs eyeing up my half – she usually jumps in it as soon as I get up!

Bear is usually quite an aloof cat but she races me upstairs to have a bedtime cuddle whilst I read for a while, or until Bongo comes in all ‘demanding’ (she’s very much a lap cat/mummy’s girl!) and sits on her head to make her move and get closer to me – then I’m stuck with Bong for the rest of the night and usually wake up with her face next to mine.  Bongo and the OH snore too, I’ve spent many a night nudging them to make them stop so I can get to sleep… wouldn’t have it any other way though  :D

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2012, 15:38 »
Last week's QI (Stephen Fry and co) said how bad it is to allow dogs on beds.  We can't fight off doggy infections so well.  Will probably still take the risk though.
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

Carolf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 18:32 »
Our dogs sleep on the bed with us  ???  I swore blind that I would not let any dogs on our bed after our 2 old JRT's passed away.  Stupid me in thinking that  :blink:  so our bed is shared with a Westie and 2 JRT's all just coming up for 3 years old.  We are actually considering getting a larger bed lol  :nowink:
When I was young we used to go 'skinny dipping,' now I just 'chunky dunk.'

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 14:01 »
Our two (a border terrier and a flatcoated retriever) are 'supposed' to sleep in their beds on the bedroom floor. Invariably the wee one jumps on the bed in the middle of the night and snuggles in - this isn't a problem. The problems arise when Harley (the flatcoat) thinks this is a great idea and you wake with a paw landing on your stomach - he's promptly told to get off... then goes round the other side and gives OH 'slurpies' on the face - at which point I have been known to chortle quietly.  ::)
Lucky Mother of 2 dogs, 2 cats (RiP Sherlock) and 4 chickens (welcome Brenda and Harriet)

like diggingk

• Experienced Member
  • Our dog Molly relaxing on the allotment
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 21:18 »
are border colie molly sleeps on are bed
i always go to bed with hot chocolate and biscuits i have 2 and she has a bit of each then its a cuddle and i read a book for an hour she jumps of and sleep down stairs or on the floor by the bed
on very cold night see will sleep at the end of the bed
love her but it nice she not on the bed all the time  ::)

Junie

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 08:05 »
Badger is only allowed upstairs to catch mice ( which we had in a bedroom one night )  !!  Could not sleep with him on the bed mainly for the reason of being allergic to him ( although that has diminished greatly) and he also quite often seems to be chasing rabbits in his sleep!!!

xx
Fostering dogs

Started by twissle on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 16:08
by twissle
xx
My dogs had a stroke

Started by kitkat on Pets without Feathers

30 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 21:39
by davethespread
xx
why do some dogs scavenge ??

Started by starry on Pets without Feathers

30 Replies
Last post February 23, 2012, 20:07
by Thrift
xx
ringworm in dogs

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post January 31, 2010, 13:10
by karlooben

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 39 queries.