What do you lot suggest for Baby ?

• 4 Replies

trinacooke

• www.freewebs.com/trinacooke
What do you lot suggest for Baby ?
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:39 »
Hi all!  :)

My Little (well not so Little now) Faverolles cross breed 'Baby' is defenately a cock bird he has the hackles etc..... (hasnt got much of a tail coz the girls pulled it out!)

He wont mix with any body (he is bigger than most of them) I have three coops and he is in a broody coop and on each occasion I have put his coop along side one of the other coops for over three weeks to introduce him .... but when I do they all just pick on him and Pull out his feathers he just hides in the corner and takes it all I have to rescue him before he is pecked to death!

I even tried with the tiny tiny bantams and they were the worst of all Baby just wimps out and wont stand up for himself!  :tongue2:

So he is on his own! he seems fairly happy on his own but I feel he should be with others of his own kind!

What would you do!  ??? leave him on his own

any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Trina  :)
Breeder, Judge & Exhibitor of Quality Netherland Dwarf, Hulstlander & Himalayan Rabbits

4x chickens 30x rabbits, 2x dogs, 15x ferrets oh and 2 children and a hubby!!!!!

Vember

Re: What do you lot suggest for Baby ?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:43 »
Do you have a less aggressive hen that you could put him with him ???

Maybe introducing the girls to him on his turf would be better ???

Sarah :)

Bigblacktaximan

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 14:02 »
A selection of roast seasonal vegetables and lashings of chicken gravy ?  ;)

Foxy

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 14:05 »
How old is he now? Faverolles are rather gentle, and the boys tend to take a while to become assertive within a flock of girls at the best of times! :D

trinacooke

• www.freewebs.com/trinacooke
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 18:48 »
Well now I was told he was 14 weeks when we brought him but I expect he was much, much younger probably about 6 weeks so I would have thought he was about 18-20 wks now?

I let all the chickens out today together in the garden inc.. Baby and after a while of serching for him he was huddled away in one of the other coops in the nest box! all scared!

What a wimp bless him  :(

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 38 queries.