stir fries

• 2 Replies

maxie

• Experienced Member
stir fries
« on: July 08, 2009, 12:01 »
Its stir fry time in my house i usually stirfry most things,todays was courgette,carrot,broad bean,shallot and after reading it on this site somewhre radish  :)
my mange tout and beans peppers and chillies arent ready yet but theyll be stir frying shortly.
Now i usually just fry in a little oil,soy sauce and vinegar.Do a packet of noodles then add to the frying pan,usually lidl spicy prawn flavour and serve with two eggs on top.boootiful.
Has anyone got any thing else they put in?

HLS

• Experienced Member
Re: stir fries
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:24 »
I usually add chopped garlic, root ginger and spring onion, and sometimes chilli as well, at the start of the stir-fry for a quick stir-round in the hot oil before the first 'main' ingredient goes in. 

Vegetables vary according to the season, but I particularly like stir-fried greens - strongly flavoured ones like spring greens with LOADS of garlic and ginger, and milder ones like pak choi with a touch of garlic and sesame oil - and also mangetout, and toasted cashews.  I rarely add meat but when I do it's generally strips of chicken thigh meat. 

At the end I may add some sort of sauce, either according to a recipe or something made up from the ingredients in my cupboard (e.g. rice wine + light soy sauce + sesame oil, or light soy sauce + dark soy sauce + chilli oil + szechuan pepper).

I've never quite mastered adding noodles to the pan with everything else (I can't seem to get them to mix properly) so if I'm having noodles rather than rice I cook them separately, toss them with a drop of sesame oil so they don't stick together, then serve them in the bottom of a bowl with the stir-fry over them.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: stir fries
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 21:11 »
I've just sown my kohl rabbi, but in a few weeks when i'm fed up with it grated in salad this will be thinly sliced for the wok, along with anything else thats 'hanging about' on the plot :D

clip
Fat hen stir fry

Started by prakash_mib on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

1 Replies
Last post June 13, 2020, 20:58
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Stir up Sunday

Started by Debz on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post November 22, 2011, 19:06
by sunshineband
smiley
Stir up Sunday.

Started by joyfull on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

17 Replies
Last post November 24, 2009, 14:04
by SMD66
xx
Tomatoes and Eggs Stir Fry

Started by Subversive_plot on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

1 Replies
Last post July 04, 2020, 18:08
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 39 queries.