The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

• 4196 Replies

Glosterboy

• Experienced Member
Re: The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!
« Reply #1710 on: August 10, 2011, 18:25 »
Ever wonder how blondes remember their passwords?

During a recent password audit, it was found that a blond was using the following password:
             " MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofy "

When asked why use such a big password, she said that it had to be at least 8 characters long.

hamstergbert

« Reply #1711 on: August 11, 2011, 09:10 »
    Two tramps have met up and are ambling along together discussing life, the universe, everything, and where the best places were to kip out of the rain, find an unattended bottle of milk and the like.  
    The younger tramp said "Feeling a bit hungry - aint done too well with the old begging today."
    "Ah," says his more experienced companion.  "Bet you bin asking for a few pennies or something haven't you - the old 'spare a few coppers, guv'nor' stuff, that right?"
    "S'right", is the reply.  "They getting real tight these days - won't hand over even a few coins 'cos they reckon I want it for drink.  Means after I've got nuthin to buy grub with."
    His companion shakes his head.  "Course they think you're going to buy cheap cider and hang around shouting and stuff, making the place look untidy.  What you want to do is harness the pity tendency and beg, not for cash, but directly for the food itself!  That way they feel good about themselves."
    "So how does it work, then?"
   "I'll show you."   He steps over to a small pile of, er, horse 'berries' in the road and picks up one lump.   "With this I will get a hot meal when we get to those houses ahead.   But when you try this one, remember that ordinary folk are the most generous.  In my experience, you are better off missing out the posh places in case they call the police on you.  Now, you hide in the bushes and watch and learn", he says.
    While the younger tramp watches from his shrubby place of concealment, the senior gentleman of the road marches up to the door, horse lump clutched in one hand, and knocks quietly.  The door opens and a lady looks nervously out.   The tramp whips off his hat and smiles.
    "Sorry to bother you, ma'am, but I was wondering if you might spare a little salt and pepper."  He holds up the horse lump.  "I know it is awful, but it is all I have to eat and I was hoping that with a bit of seasoning I might be able to force it down...."
    The woman is horrified and opens the door fully.  "Oh, you poor man!" she cries.  "I caouldn't possibly stand by while a fellow creature is in such straits!  Throw that away and come in - there's a steak and kidney pie in the oven and we want you to share it with us - it is the Christian least we can do for a fellow being who has fallen on hard times!"
    "Why, bless you ma'am, bless you!", the tramp says with a carefully calculated sob in his voice as he turns and throw the horse lump away, winking towards his hidden pal in the shrubbery before following the kind hearted lady into the brightly lit warm of her kitchen.
    As the door shuts, the younger tramp extricates himself from the bushes.  He is amazed and impressed.  "Right!" he thinks, "I'm going to give it a go myself - but I reckon if it will work for steak and kidney pie, it'll work for luxury stuff!   Heck wtih fiddling around with that cheap stuff - I'm going to try for a banquet and I reckon that mansion up ahead is just the place to get it!"
   Selecting another lump of horse evidence, he marches throught the imposing wrought iron gates and scrunches along the gravelled drive to the front door of a large house, and he rings the bell.   After a long minute or so the door creaks open and he finds himself being inspected by a posh looking lady - four row pearls, coco silk dress etc - who peers at him suspiciously over her pince-nez.
    "Yes?" she drawls.  "What do you want?"
    He launches into his spiel.      "Sorry to bother you, ma'am, but I was wondering if you might spare a little salt and pepper."  He holds up the horse lump.  "I know it is awful, but it is all I have to eat and I was hoping that with a bit of seasoning I might be able to force it down...."
    The woman holds up her hand and stops him.  "Young man, are you telling me you are proposing to eat...that?" she asks, pointing to the lump.
    He nods, turning the pathetic look up a notch.
    She shakes her head.   "I think we can do better than that!" she says.
    He hides his grin.  A result!
    "Definiitely we can!" she goes on.   "Throw that away for heaven's sake!  Go round to the stables behind the house and get yourself a warm piece!"
    The door shuts.  

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:14 by hamstergbert »
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

dugless

« Reply #1712 on: August 11, 2011, 21:48 »
A married couple went to the hospital to have their baby delivered.
Upon their arrival, the doctor said that the hospital was testing an amazing new high-tech machine that would transfer a portion of the mother's labour pain to the baby's father. He asked if they were interested. Both said they were very much in favour of it.
The doctor set the pain transfer to 10% for starters, explaining that even 10% was probably more pain than the father had ever experienced before.
But as the labour progressed, the husband felt fine and asked the doctor to go ahead and kick it up a notch.
The doctor then adjusted the machine to 20% pain transfer. The husband was still feeling fine. The doctor then checked the husband's blood pressure and was amazed at how well he was doing.
At this point they decided to try for 50%.
The husband continued to feel quite well.  Since the pain transfer was obviously helping the wife considerably, the husband encouraged the doctor to transfer ALL the pain to him.
The wife delivered a healthy baby with virtually no pain and the husband had experienced none.  She and her husband were ecstatic.
When they got home they found the milkman dead on the porch.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

Paul Plots

« Reply #1713 on: August 11, 2011, 23:05 »
What have you been smoking? :)

Herrings.  But it's hard to keep them alight...

odd, considering Herrings are an oily fish.  ::)

True, but they keep swimming out of the rizlas

Sounds very fishy to me  ::)

What? you think perhaps someone is taking the poisson here?

This is the fin end of the wedge!!!  >:(
 :lol: :lol:

Can I have that in whiting please...?

This scale of competition is too much for me!  ::)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

snowdrops

« Reply #1714 on: August 12, 2011, 09:54 »
The Perfect Comeback

I took my husband Lou to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes (he is 71).

We decided to grab a bite at the food court.

I noticed he was watching someone sitting next to him

The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors - green, red, orange & blue - and my husband kept  staring at her.

The teen would look over and find my husband staring, every time.

When she'd finally had enough, she sarcastically asked:

"What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?"

Knowing my husband, I quickly swallowed my food so I wouldn't choke on his response - I knew he'd have a good one!

In classic style, he responded without batting an eyelid:

"Got drunk once and had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my daughter."

Very funny particularly as it is peahens that lay the eggs ???
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:56 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #1715 on: August 12, 2011, 14:51 »
What have you been smoking? :)

Herrings.  But it's hard to keep them alight...

odd, considering Herrings are an oily fish.  ::)

True, but they keep swimming out of the rizlas

Sounds very fishy to me  ::)

What? you think perhaps someone is taking the poisson here?

This is the fin end of the wedge!!!  >:(
 :lol: :lol:

Can I have that in whiting please...?

This scale of competition is too much for me!  ::)

This all so corny, I'm amaized...

hamstergbert

« Reply #1716 on: August 12, 2011, 18:09 »
I'm herring what you say so I'll look shark and get skate to the point.  I have a lump in my trout and feel such an eel  in the last few dace as I haddock meant for anyone to get curried away, as cod is my witness.  This will probably be my sole post carping about the subject in this plaice.

Raven81

« Reply #1717 on: August 12, 2011, 21:51 »
I'm herring what you say so I'll look shark and get skate to the point.  I have a lump in my trout and feel such an eel  in the last few dace as I haddock meant for anyone to get curried away, as cod is my witness.  This will probably be my sole post carping about the subject in this plaice.

What a load of codswallop  :D
The glass is neither half empty or half full - it is simply the incorrect size! Find a new glass!

hillfooter

« Reply #1718 on: August 13, 2011, 00:51 »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................................please wake me up when you've all finished. HF..................... :closedeyes:.......... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz
Truth through science.

Paul Plots

« Reply #1719 on: August 13, 2011, 02:40 »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................................please wake me up when you've all finished. HF..................... :closedeyes:.......... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

"Do not disturb"              Sh........ tip toe gently.  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #1720 on: August 13, 2011, 06:03 »
Looks like you've made a rod for your own back there Hamsters...

;0)

dugless

« Reply #1721 on: August 13, 2011, 06:47 »

;0)

I have trawled through these quotes, I think we have exceeded our fishing quota. :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:28 by dugless »

Springlands

« Reply #1722 on: August 13, 2011, 07:44 »

;0)

Groan  :lol: :lol:

I have trawled through these quotes, I think we have exceeded our fishing quota. :lol: :lol:

hamstergbert

« Reply #1723 on: August 13, 2011, 08:27 »
Well, as far as puns go I was only taking the piscine.....

Paul Plots

« Reply #1724 on: August 13, 2011, 16:47 »
Well, as far as puns go I was only taking the piscine.....

Cod it get any worse?  :lol:

xx
give us our daily bread

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post March 13, 2022, 09:54
by lettice
xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
A funny mis-read.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 17:44
by wighty

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 49 queries.