Lost my enthusiasm

• 48 Replies

HLS

• Experienced Member
Re: Lost my enthusiasm
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 22:18 »
Are there any catch crops that aren't radish? I sowed some to mark a row of something slower growing (I forget what - it got swamped) but dropped the packet... As it's only me that likes them and I've been a bit neglectful, I now have a radish forest. No, really. I didn't know that they could grow over a metre tall, but they have!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 22:27 »
Lettuce/salad leaves are a good catch-crop; radish do grow nice and tall if you forget to pull them (I've got some like that but they're only fit for the compost heap!)

I don't use radish (or anything else) as a row marker because I've had the same problem as you, especially with parsnips; they are so much quicker to germinate they swamp the other seedlings when they come up!  :wacko:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

evie2

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2010, 14:12 »
Thanks DD, put in language I understand :D
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Goosegirl

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2010, 15:30 »
Slugwarrior has it SO right! No matter how hard we try, how much experience, how young or old, we have to let go of the ideal as it never happens and takes so much out of you trying to achieve it. Just enjoy the feeling being in your garden. Keeping going is hard at times and we all have our problems to overcome but sometimes they feel like climbing Mount Everest. Us on here give so much support so grab hold of it. Our probs this year are that our cottage and smallholding along with others nearby could be left to be flooded by the sea, no guarantee of compensation, £25,000 to have our C17 home pulled down after we've had to move out; then my OH had to leave his job and is having to go to an industrial tribunal to claim for constructive dismissal. I wrote about it on here and got SO much support - still, I have lost a lot of motivation and strength to go out in my garden even just to weed-my batteries are so flat - BUT - we are surviving and there is so much beauty out there in the garden to recharge us. Be daunted - yes - but don't give up - we won't let you! :tongue2:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Peas, lack of enthusiasm

Started by rictic on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post August 12, 2013, 20:40
by shokkyy
xx
Lost almost everything :(

Started by RJR_38 on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post May 11, 2013, 22:51
by seaside
xx
lost veg

Started by big green bloke on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 09, 2011, 22:52
by solway cropper
xx
lost cauliflower

Started by archies plot on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 21:18
by archies plot

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 34 queries.