Bubble wrap

• 5 Replies

thestens

• Experienced Member
Bubble wrap
« on: May 27, 2013, 17:31 »
I was in Tesco today and noticed that the boxes of apples all had sheets of bubble wrap in them , quite a few were just loose so I collected them. Perhaps should have asked but as there was a cart with empty cardboard boxes and bubble wrap I reason no one would be bothered.

So I nearly have enogh to insulate my green house next winter. I'll collect some more next time we are there.
Don't know if it is the same in other supermarkets.
Taken over neglected veg garden at new home. Enemy number 1 Ground Elder. Then there is the furry terror - bunnies - to contend with!
Made a start have beds established but moved in too late for serious planting. We shall see what 2015 brings.

Beetroot queen

Re: Bubble wrap
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 17:56 »
Did no-one see you  :D I can imagine what people thought.

I can't see why they would mine it's recycling

thestens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 19:32 »
No one seemed to mind they even gave a bag at the check out to carry it away in!

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 19:38 »
No one seemed to mind they even gave a bag at the check out to carry it away in!

Brilliant that is so funny. Hehe it saves them skipping it so in a way it saves them some money.

thestens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 20:38 »
So right the amount the big supermarkets waste by throwing things away. Some of the managers duck when they see us because we have taken them to task about wastage of useable but not cosmetically up to scratch fruit veg and bread.

ConfusedGardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 23:29 »
We were in Morisons the other day and bought a climber (I forget what it's name was) they had for sale. My other half spied an empty plastic tray that the climbers had been in, so she put the climber in it, and when I got to the checkout (she had gone off to find some carrots at the last minute) the guy at the till asked if I wanted it, to which I replied "yes" of course. Seems that they don't mind cutting down on their waste, and are happy to give away things that they would otherwise throw away.

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 38 queries.