Yippeeeeeeeeeee

• 9 Replies

yorkshirerose

Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« on: September 07, 2007, 23:40 »
got em - well 4 chooks, 2 speckeldys and 2 black rocks.
Did want bluebells too but not got POL at mo, so went to a different breeder to get these.
A few days ago I sprayed the shed for red mite - not seen any but I wasnt taking any chances.
When we got the girls home we powdered them for mites - though they looked well and couldnt see any on em. :)
They started to feed and drink as soon as they were put into the shed - though its been a very hot day - luckily they didnt have far to come home from the breeder so that was good.
Let em have several minutes to inspect thier new home then went in to sit on perch with em.
What a lovely sound of very calm rosey sounds - so therapeutic!
I did forget to get the oyster shell and grit - hope they will be alright til morning. :?  :?
Tomorrow shall let em out into their big run - already wing clipped em ready.
If they do get out they have plenty of space to check out - and hundreds of pheasants and partridges to see.
My son shall be naming one of them tomorrow - might even help with the other 3 names too  :D  :D
Live every day as your last - enjoy life and smile.

muntjac

Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 23:44 »
well done .the birds wil be fine for a week or more without grit n oestra so panic not .? is the coop enclosed with a roof .if so why wing clip them .... hope you didnt gte seen sitting on the perch with them :lol:
still alive /............

yorkshirerose

Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 23:48 »
phew panic over - thanks for that muntjac - no the pen has no top on - it already looks like a release pen  :lol:  :lol:
Villagers will be complaining soon - they'll think hubby bringing work home, now we have miniature release pen in garden :lol:  :lol:
Gotta keep neighbours on toes aint we  :?:  :lol:

muntjac

Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 23:52 »
well if the pens above 5 ft and they dont have anything to climb up you wont need to chop the feathers :wink: my nieghbours dont bother me .i feed em lolo

yorkshirerose

Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 00:05 »
just below 5ft and apple tree in pen - when apples fall do you think i should pull some out of pen - wouldnt want chook to get ill with too many - though am hoping to start making apple crumbles soon :wink:

muntjac

Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 00:07 »
they will only eat what they want .fermented ones will be the problem .so clear out the lot n feed the blackbirds, good idea to clip them with a tree there  :wink:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 09:10 »
OH won't clip the wings on ours, don't know why, but the fence is just on 6ft and one of the Amberlinks flew over it last week!!

chickychick

• Experienced Member
Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 14:16 »
congratulations, we have 4 chickens too and would like perhaps another two I am holding out for a couple of bovan nera as i like the black ones, any chance of some pictures of your new flock?

we clipped ours as our amberlink was seen getting to about 5ft which was a bit too high for comfort.

Blondie the high flyer of Grimsby
http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=712
ok so I know its a daft question but Im cute ......

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 20:55 »
White birds can be more flighty  :D

yorkshirerose

Yippeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 21:05 »
Quote from: "chickychick"
congratulations, we have 4 chickens too and would like perhaps another two I am holding out for a couple of bovan nera as i like the black ones, any chance of some pictures of your new flock?

Was going to take first piccies today of them but camera broken :x .
Might take some time to get piccies on forum asnot only on slow band but not too good at putting piccies on - someone on another forum asked me to email some piccie to them to put on for me but emailing them- never done before :?  :?
Shall try though in future - just gotta get a camera that works now  :lol:  :lol:
Oh yes and got first egg today - son had it soft boiled with soldiers and it was very nice. :D
So come on Doris, Babs, ? and ? get the egg production going as Im looking forward to more of those lovely free-range eggs. :D  :D

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 41 queries.