Bargains from B&Q (hopefully)

• 10 Replies

muddywellies

• Experienced Member
« on: January 02, 2008, 13:36 »
Just wanted to let you all know that B&Q are selling various boxed perennials for £2.48 each or 5 for £10. I bought 5 from my local B&Q in Aylesbury. I'm not sure how successful they're going to be. They come as a bundle of dormant roots in compost in a placcy bag in a box. Has anyone else ever bought perennials like this? I usually buy mine as 'complete' plants as-it-were in containers from garden centres. I haven't planted them yet - some will go in my garden and some up the plot. I'll let you know how I get on  :wink:

Also they have lots of various bits and pieces, that may be useful, for a pound each - rope, pliers, cable ties - all sorts.

Does anyone know if Wilcos have their garden stuff back in yet or is it still all Christmas decs etc? Can you tell I'm in a shopping mood!!?

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 14:01 »
What varieties are they?
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

David.

Re: Bargains from B&Q (hopefully)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 14:10 »
Quote from: "muddywellies"
Does anyone know if Wilcos have their garden stuff back in yet or is it still all Christmas decs etc? Can you tell I'm in a shopping mood!!?

Wliko (Aylesbury) still had loads of Christmas stuff at 50% off a couple of days ago - no gardening stuff yet, and they will next reduce everything to 75% off, then 10p each to clear room for it (just like they do with the gardening stuff at the end of the year!).

muddywellies

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 16:08 »
I bought 2 coneflowers (each packet contained 3 plants), sea holly (3 plants), columbines (3 plants) and an agapanthas (1 plant). They had a few other different types too - maybe a couple of hardy geraniums and some phlox.

stevex

cheap seeds
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 19:09 »
hi  
have any of you tried 'Netto'  they have some basic seeds in 5 packets for £1.  
we tried them last year and were pleasantly surprised at what we managed to get from those we used.
cheers  steve
Always willing to try something new

David.

Re: Bargains from B&Q (hopefully)
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 18:03 »
Quote from: "muddywellies"

I have been informed it is now back in - but if you're after seeds wait until 17th Jan. as I have also been informed that's when they will go on BOGOF!

Have made a diary note, and will post on "Frugal Living" if correct.

mashauk

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 22:17 »
If anyone wants any poppy seeds or nasturtium seeds let me know, I've got truckloads and will post them out.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 08:26 »
Think the whole of this thread is more suited to 'Frugal Living', so hold on tight all whilst you get whizzed there!

pepper

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 15:59 »
I bought some perennials like yours Muddywellies, from B&Q a couple of years ago and just shoved them in a large pot, meaning to do something with them in the Spring. I only potted two of the plants in the Summer and left the others where they were until the folowing year. Despite such neglect, everyone of them is flourishing, either in pots or the garden. A real bargain!
monica

fatgit

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 19:58 »
Wilkinsons here have just put all the seeds out and are getting the shelves ready for the other gardening items.
Organic where possible, unless it involves the snails that now seem to be eating the slug pellets for fun

muddywellies

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 14:48 »
That's brilliant news - about both the B&Q plants (thanks Pepper!) and the arrival of garden stuff in Wilkos. I'll certainly be making a pilgrimage at the weekend now.

xx
My B&Q bargains!

Started by Elcie on Frugal Living

8 Replies
Last post August 23, 2009, 13:55
by Susan K
xx
My bargains

Started by Madame Cholet on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post June 14, 2015, 22:23
by Madame Cholet
xx
B&M Bargains !!!

Started by francais on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post April 05, 2010, 23:05
by francais
xx
Trosco bargains

Started by New shoot on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post November 02, 2012, 19:19
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 38 queries.