pomegranate

• 33 Replies

Contadino

• Experienced Member
pomegranate
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 16:18 »
We have two types of pomegranate trees, sweet and sour.  Both types are pretty spikey, but they're very hardy.  Can withstand snow and the high 40s that we had this summer without watering (once established.)  They just need pruning once a year, which is mainly to remove the suckers.

They're a great teatime treat for the chooks.  Take a couple (of poms) in and throw them as hard as you can at the ground then watch the chooks whizz around picking up the fruit.

gobs

pomegranate
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 16:22 »
Shall try that tip, C, once we sowed some first and got to that stage with it. :wink:  :D
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Fat Hen

pomegranate
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 19:48 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"
i've have a REAL craving for pomegranites lately and none of the shops within 50 miles of us sell them (and not sure about the ones further away)

it isn't fair :cry:

Not preggers are you :lol:  :lol:

gobs

pomegranate
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 13:15 »
My book says not all types are frost hardy, is there any way to tell, which ones?

There are 2 types on sale here currently, one from Turkey, it is big and red and the other from Spain, small and dull yellow, this is very sweet and yummy.

xx
My pomegranate tree

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 22:57
by ozziebob

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 34 queries.