Registering a trust fund.

• 2 Replies

Goosegirl

Registering a trust fund.
« on: June 01, 2023, 11:08 »
We set up another trust fund for our latest great-niece in December last year and recently got a letter from the investment company to say we hadn't registered it and, if we didn't do so shortly, they would contact HMRC. We did one each for the other two children a few years ago and never had one about theirs. When I'd stopped jumping up and down in case there were sirens and blue flashing lights on their way, I contacted our financial advisor with whom we'd set it up so he came round yesterday. Apparently it's a new thing that started a number of months ago but we knew nothing about this change. Anyway, fortunately I asked him if he would be with me when I followed the link given to do it as it became a complete and utter farcical faff. Went on the gov.uk link, got all the necessary info to hand and clicked on how to set it up. I had my Gateway pass which came up fine (if you don't have one you've got to set one up beforehand) then continued only to find you can't do it as an individual as it has to be the organisation's Gateway pass - hmmm. He later went back to his office to sort it out for me, only to find I had to enter a code sent by them to me by email so I rang him back with the code and he continued only to ring me back to say when he presses the next continue button I'd be getting a voicemail phone call with another code and to ring him back again so I did, then he rang again to say I'd be getting another one, so I rang him back again with it. We then decided to stay on the phone while he carried on but he said he'd have to pretend he was me which was absolutely ok as he is such a trustworthy person. We then continued answering numerous questions thinking how long is this going on, including repeating info that we'd already entered - bah! FINALLY we managed it as we got a page with the registration number which he printed out. If you've done one and get a similar letter I feel for you!  :blush:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Registering a trust fund.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 11:45 »
I feel for you, GG.  It’s a huge rigmarole to try to stop criminals taking your money nowadays  :wacko:

I expect preventing money laundering comes into it somewhere too.

Lardman

Re: Registering a trust fund.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 12:02 »
The solution is not to have any money in the first place GG  :nowink:

xx
Cancer Fund Raising

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post October 22, 2019, 18:18
by John
xx
Registering new kitchen appliances.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post February 05, 2023, 14:23
by Goosegirl
moved
MOVED: Defra are looking into bird owners registering the birds not just chickens

Started by Aunt Sally on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post April 10, 2023, 09:27
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 31 queries.