Registering new kitchen appliances.

• 3 Replies

Goosegirl

Registering new kitchen appliances.
« on: January 27, 2023, 10:19 »
Just getting around to registering the warranty for our new appliances on-line and wish I hadn't started. It used to be quite simple but now they want various numbers whose prefixes mean nothing to me. If I'd not been distracted the day they were fitted I'd have got the electrician to take a pic of the serial number and whatever else was there, but I didn't. Does one have to register them if you have the date of purchase along with the Consumers' Rights, eg, shouldn't break down after three weeks?? I'm guessing the answer is YES.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Registering new kitchen appliances.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 23:05 »
Depending on the type of appliance, the tag with the necessary information may be in an accessible location on the appliance.  The manufacturer may be able to help you find  it, you can get a picture with your cell phone.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 11:01 »
I've now got two registered by ringing the makers up who were very helpful. Just one more to go.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 14:23 »
Ah, thought things were going sort of well. As I had to create an account  for my new Neff cooker hood, I filled in the necessary details on their page and checked they were correctly done as per, but to no avail as I was wanged back with red boxes to fill in again. Decided to ring customer services but there was no option for registration problems as that number was for the same number if you needed a repair. Then this rather irritating male voice said to register my new product I needed the RPN, GSM, EZ ..., XYZ numbers, which I could find somewhere inside the cooker hood (whaddya think I am? A giraffe???) plus my bra size, the correct date for when I last cleaned the filter on my cordless Dyson, itemised the contents of the freezer in my garage (got ya - Monday last week) and when I lasted washed the bath mat. I've now given up and am going for a lie-down.  :mad: p.s., Glad I wasn't asked with whom I'm having one with!!  :lol:

xx
Advice on choosing appliances.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post January 16, 2023, 17:46
by Yorkie
xx
Registering a trust fund.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post June 01, 2023, 12:02
by Lardman
moved
MOVED: Defra are looking into bird owners registering the birds not just chickens

Started by Aunt Sally on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post April 10, 2023, 09:27
by Aunt Sally
xx
Oldest kit in the kitchen...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

35 Replies
Last post March 27, 2018, 19:56
by Fairy Plotmother

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 42 queries.