plug plant supplier for bedding plants.

• 4 Replies

Goosegirl

plug plant supplier for bedding plants.
« on: January 21, 2022, 11:41 »
I usually use Gardening Direct as they are great plug plants and good value, but their 2022 catalogue seems a bit more limited than it used to be and doesn't have a great range of varieties. Any recommendations for other places? Also, I want some ivy-leaf geraniums and that cascading silver-leafed trailer for hanging baskets but don't know its name.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

rowlandwells

Re: plug plant supplier for bedding plants.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 13:01 »
we buy our pug plants for a commercial supplier that has  minimum order of 14 trays so I would think your looking for smaller quantities than that we have bought plugs from various suppliers in the past like Parkers plants Jersey plants and Gardening Direct I have a feeling Jersey plants have gone with Gardening Direct but not totally sure

it mite be an idea to look at trust pilot or others for the reviews of plug plant suppliers and how people rate these supplies or other suppliers  I think you will get a feed back from some of our members where they buy there pug plants from and how they rate these suppliers I think its important for these plant supplies to get the distribution services rite because the last thing you need is for your pug plants to arrive damaged some carriers are better than others I told one carrier if the box says live plants keep it upright that's what it means >:(

anyway we have used the above supplies over the years and only had one complaint that was sorted and they replaced the damage plug plants hope my reply will help you sort out what you want

comfreykid

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 21:33 »
that cascading silver-leafed trailer for hanging baskets but don't know its name.
.    Dichondra , or Helichrysum ?   :)

jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 10:23 »
Hello do you have a plant nursery near you who gets their plants from a  wholesale trade supplier , I get my plants from a mate who gets his plants from a wholesaler near Thirsk and another near Rugby,   jezza

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 11:46 »
Hi. I don't, but there is a West Cumberland Farmers near us where I can get bigger plants in plastic grow-boxes of 6 or 8 per box. I did fid Brookside Nurseries who had good reviews and seem to be quite reasonably priced.

xx
Plug plants

Started by Goosegirl on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post June 07, 2023, 12:48
by snowdrops
xx
Size of plug plants

Started by mumofstig on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post March 27, 2024, 21:24
by New shoot
xx
Tesco doing plug plants

Started by lazydog on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post March 23, 2010, 21:49
by lazydog
xx
Ornamental grasses plug plants

Started by Lesleyk on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post April 04, 2014, 13:51
by Lesleyk

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 38 queries.