Another strawberry one

• 4 Replies

Mum2mj

Another strawberry one
« on: October 07, 2013, 18:16 »
Apologies if I'm repeating questions, I'm wanting to move some potted strawberry plants & runners & plant at my plot, I've read conflicting advice on t'internet. Is it okay to do now or not? Still very mild. Thankyou  :)

Beetroot Queen

Re: Another strawberry one
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 19:12 »
I yanked rather rudely the runners that had grown in my bark yesterday from their comfy homes, they then sat in a bucket without water or soil for two hours plus before being rudely stuffed into compost at home in pots.

They look great, i am rough with those runners they have two choices, grow or off to devon.  ;)

They grow like weeds so i dont do all this pampering with mine, if they are in the way they get moved whatever the time or whatever the weather.  ;)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 19:20 »
Strawberries are quite hard to kill (not that you'd want to) - they would probably survive whenever and wherever you moved them, but that's not really the issue - fertile, well-drained, and weed-free soil in a reasonably sunny location is all they need to perform at their best.   :)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 19:23 »
I moved a load from the clay soil at home last week- some into the plot with runners still attached but pegged down and some with flowers into pots for the greenhouse.  All doing fine and not wilting or anything.  Getting fruits now  :D  I have been good with the watering though.

Mum2mj

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 19:42 »
Thanks everyone - beetroot queen i like your style  :)

xx
Strawberry bed - Strawberry sawfly

Started by R0b1et on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post October 04, 2023, 13:12
by R0b1et
xx
New strawberry bed help.

Started by Deborah1 on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post November 14, 2020, 07:17
by Deborah1
clip
Strawberry Help

Started by ISL on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2015, 11:04
by ISL
xx
strawberry bed

Started by AmandaLouise on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 08, 2012, 09:15
by grendel

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 39 queries.