Flaming Greenhouses!!!

• 17 Replies

Oliver

Re: Just to add to the woes -
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 14:28 »
Quote from: "wellingtons"
... of W clips and other clips and panes of glass if anyone needs em ... cos da barstewards just nicked da aluminium frame of mine ... *wails*

sorry to hear your greenhouse went west.  Just to add to the catalogue of woes - a fellow allotmentholder put u a new 6 x 8 greenhouse on a concrete base, glazed it and everything.Then some 'kid' with a BB or pellet gun shot some of the glass out (he ran away when a householder challenged him). The plotholder replaced the shot out panes. The 'kid' came back a week or so later and shot out a few more.

Then God took a hand and sent the strong winds - as there were already a few panes missing the wind finished off the job and the frame and glass were flat in bits on the concrete floor.  what to do next? He is bald already.
Keep the plot cultivated, that's the best way to ensure its future.

milkman

Flaming Greenhouses!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 15:56 »
these 'yoofs of today' are b**gers aren't they.  I've got my greenhouses part glazed with polycarbonate - roof and back end nearest the footpath that runs along the side of my plot.  Went to give the 10x8 a good clean last weekend and discovered a pockmark fortunately in a section of polycarb at the back.  

If they start aiming at the glass I think I'll just have to polycarb the entire greenhouse.
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

focusonveg

Flaming Greenhouses!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 18:13 »
well i,m glad you have a green house last year we were sold a beautiful greenhouse nearly new for £50 I was so happy with it but then the wind came and smashed it to bits :x I,m so gutted...
How much oil could a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

xx
Flaming pests

Started by Totty on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post October 13, 2013, 17:26
by ANHBUC
xx
Flaming helicopters!!

Started by Kathogur on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post April 05, 2017, 23:25
by viettaclark
xx
Greenhouses

Started by Dorset Boy on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post April 18, 2007, 10:01
by wellingtons
xx
New greenhouses

Started by MARROW HEAD on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 29, 2008, 16:23
by MARROW HEAD

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 38 queries.