going to build a coldframe

• 10 Replies

philskin

« on: May 24, 2008, 15:41 »
I was given some old cuboards and shelves from the school were I work ,well to tell the truth they were going to be burnt so me been a scrounger asked if I could have them. So myself and number 1 son knocked them into pieces and got them home. 1st we dug a pit about 2 ft deep by about 10 ft long and started the build will update as the job progresses but heres a pic of the wood and number 1 son sean[/IMG][/IMG]
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

philskin

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:56 »
update on cold frame here the wife is helping me to dig the ground out underneath were the frame is going[/IMG][/IMG]                                                                                                                                                                                                                             managed to save a couple of tractor trailer sides from another fire so incorperated these as back and front of coldframe                                                                                                                 [/IMG]                                                                                                                         the glass came from the school I work at has the contracters were going to smash it and skip it what a waste hinges came from the same just had to knock up a three frames and screw them to the coldframe[/IMG]                                                                                                            next is to fill up with some rubble for drainage and put another skin off wood on the inside with the timber already got, will update as soon as it stops blooming raining  thanks for looking (  what is the best thing to paint it with please )  thanks

fish

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:30 »
nice work! but i think we need more pics of Mrs philskin!!!! :D

philskin

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:47 »
Quote from: "fish"
nice work! but i think we need more pics of Mrs philskin!!!! :D
                                                                                                                       ha ha sorry wrong type off site lol , its the coldframe under scrutiny not the wife ,will wait till she gets her shorts on lol

fish

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 12:42 »
lol! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 15:40 »
Happy anniversary BTW philskin. One year today!!!!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

philskin

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 17:02 »
Quote from: "DD."
Happy anniversary BTW philskin. One year today!!!!
                    good grief is it 1 yr already ,thats the trouble with getting older time flies . Thank you and its been a pleasure great site good advice and plenty off characters that I would love to meet , we should organise a summer meet somewere once again thanks for all the advice   phil/anne and kids

compostqueen

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 18:01 »
that looks fabbo  :D  It looks very big  :D

I'd use Sadolin fence paint.  I tried some Cuprinol on my shed £21.99 a tin and it's flaked off  :(   The Sadolin is great stuff and easy to apply. That cost £6.99 a large tin and it comes in a range of tasteful colours. Personally I like the Lupine  :D

Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll have some right good results with it

Bombers

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 18:09 »
Sadolin/cuprinol/Ronseal all pretty gud. depends what's on special offer at the time  :wink:
But if you want to be really posh the rolls royce of wood protection IMHO- Sikkens!
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

Lee1978

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 19:42 »
That looks great :)  i could do with one of those myself

philskin

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 08:50 »
Quote from: "Omegaman1"
That looks great :)  i could do with one of those myself
                                                                                                                thanks we were considering putting water melon in to start but we think that it might be to late, it shows what you can do with other peoples rubbish so far its cost 99 pence that was for a tube off silicon for the glass. If it would only stop raining we could get back to it ,doesn,t need much to finish. If anyone needs them ive got 1 piece off glass the same size has these and 4 about 16" by 4 ft if you live local would be ideal for making up 1 small coldframe and a couple of clouches .If your interested give us a shout and there yours cheers phil/anne

xx
d i y coldframe

Started by Chrysalis on Design and Construction

25 Replies
Last post November 03, 2011, 22:17
by Paul Plots
xx
coldframe repair

Started by katie on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post November 10, 2008, 16:47
by muntjac
xx
DIY window coldframe

Started by Ed89 on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post April 13, 2012, 18:25
by Ed89
xx
coldframe ideas please

Started by prakash_mib on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post September 14, 2010, 17:38
by noshed

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 38 queries.