What's in CHICK CRUMBS??

• 2 Replies

Chookster

• Experienced Member
What's in CHICK CRUMBS??
« on: July 07, 2009, 20:56 »
I presume there are vitamins for the chicks in this stuff?

Any growing stuff in there or is that just left to the growers pellets??

I was told not to put the stuff too near to a heat lamp as it would reduce the value of goodness in the crumbs.  I was given the impression too that vaccinations were part of the food when i first started out doing this.  I've never heard that since of course.

I know you can add wormer as a dressing - do you do the same if you vaccinate your birds?? :unsure:

too many girls

Re: What's in CHICK CRUMBS??
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 22:55 »
i don't know about vitamins in chick crumb but i do know you can buy it medicated (with an anti coccidiosis) or unmedicated, i don't think they contain vaccine's :wub: just everything a healthy chick needs to grow and thrive, haven't heard about the heat lamp thing but i wouldn't have thought it could do much damage as most people replace old food with fresh twice or 3 times a day.

cathangirl

• Experienced Member
Re: What's in CHICK CRUMBS??
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:17 »
TMG  "i wouldn't have thought it could do much damage as most people replace old food with fresh twice or 3 times a day."

Chance would be a fine thing with my little gannets, TMG!  They have three mugfuls in their dish in the morning and are looking for more later in the day.  That's for 11 chicks and two hens, plus they free range and the Mums let them eat some corn at tea time.

Ten were sold as table birds and are growing at the rate of knots.  The only hatchling, a pure Light Sussex, is about 1/3rd their size now.  He is just a few days younger than them and was about the same size when we first bought them at 3 - 5 days old.  (2 and half weeks ago.)

cathangirl

xx
chick crumbs

Started by Tony H on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post February 02, 2012, 06:57
by joyfull
xx
Chick crumbs

Started by mikey_s2005 on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post September 02, 2007, 16:39
by slowef
xx
chick crumbs to growers what age?

Started by themagicaltoad1 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 20:48
by joyfull
xx
chick crumbs for goslings

Started by pekinpete on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2011, 12:51
by muntjac

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 34 queries.