Sneezing chickens

• 3 Replies

Gemjt

Sneezing chickens
« on: April 14, 2011, 21:29 »
I posted last week querying when I could expect my chickens to lay. I updated my post because I had a poorly chicken (Lewis)....bubbles in eyes, drowsey etc.  She appears to be better (good news).  Got home today and one of my other girls is now sneezing... Karl (yes, Karl is a girl.... I hope!) sneezed time and time again tonight, she seems fine in all other aspect except she is making a noise a bit like a coo! Often!  It doesn't appear to be linked to breathing as it doesn't happen each time she breathes, I hope it doesn't mean she is poorly..... Could this be what some people refer to as chatty prior to her laying????
Karl, Lewis, Jensen & Guy.... all Girl chickens named after t'husbands hero's (and one of mine)....... Rossi and Murdoch....all Girl cats - again, named after t'husbands hero's!  the things you  have to agree to when you want new pets!

Casey76

Re: Sneezing chickens
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 08:59 »
Personally I would take one to a vet and try to get some antibiotics for a respiratory infection. :)

Gemjt

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:44 »
Yes, I think I probably should.... they are all acting very strange today.  Lewis or Jensen keeps chasing Guy and Karl around their run, Guy and Karl are spending a lot of time in the house - in and out like yo yo's.  I hear a little sneeze every now and again, but when I checked them today I can't see any discharge coming from Karls nose......  They is definately more noise coming from the house than noraml.....
Although, being so new - whats normal???

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:46 »
Agree with Casey, the vet would be the first point of call, hopefully your vet are chicken wise as many are not.
Something which maybe worth thinking about which I have given my x bats is a liquid supplement called Herban, a breeder told me about it, its a natural herbal thing, since I have used it none of the batts have had any problems, its not cheap but goes a long way, I would normally give it to them for a week or so every month, I also use ACV which seems to help them too.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

xx
Sneezing chickens

Started by Evansent on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 05, 2008, 18:03
by Evansent
xx
Chickens sneezing or so I think

Started by Rupert Bear on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 23, 2011, 19:29
by Rupert Bear
sad
Help with sneezing chickens

Started by Basil_UK on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post October 08, 2009, 23:13
by Basil_UK
question
Help with sneezing chickens

Started by tilley on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 20, 2009, 02:15
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 32 queries.