skelly making a braying noise and then limping

• 4 Replies

turnip

skelly making a braying noise and then limping
« on: June 25, 2010, 22:47 »
Hi everyone any advice available about one of my ex batts skelly?

She has been fine eating,drinking and rummaging around in the garden then this  afternoon she was sitting under a hedge in the shade and started making a braying noise for about 10 minutes.

She seemed to be ok after that but later she was limping.  We will be going to vets in the morning for check up if she's no better. Has anyone else had anything similar, I've never heard any of the girls making the braying noise before.

She seems to be laying well as usual but I was really worried about her limping as I couldn't see anything wrong with her legs or feet.  many thanks!  turnip

compostqueen

Re: skelly making a braying noise and then limping
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 00:30 »
Mine make honking noises sometimes if they are alarmed and want to scare off whatever it is that is making them nervous, be it next door's dog or a cat etc. They do make a really loud noise.  Always investigate if you hear it as it could be foxy

I hope your girl is ok  :)

turnip

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:14 »
thanks for this compostqueen,   we do get next door's cat in a few times although he usually scarpers if he sees the girls, am just off to vet will let you know how she is.  many thanks, turnip

soya-bean

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 13:14 »
Our dom chukkie - Atilla - will make braying noises if a cat or something comes into the garden.  I think it is simply an alarm call.
Pause, be still and observe the world with all your senses - you will gain much!

turnip

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 13:06 »
Hi,

Thanks for the reasurance compostqueen and soya-bean, she still seems quite happy so maybe I just hadnt been there when one of the girls did the noise before. We went to the vets yesterday and she said its an inflammation of the main joint in the foot ( would that be equivalent to an ankle?)  anyway its no big problem apparently and she has had an injection of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory so now we just wait.

Skelly did everso well coping with going to the vet so I am very relieved  and gave her extra sweetcorn and pear rations as a treat.  Today she looks a bit better though very funny trying to fly down the garden for the sweetcorn to make sure she's as quick as Jenny and Hattie !   Its so reassuring seeing her do her normal chickeny behaviours,  silly really to worry so much I suppose but thats cos theyre all special really.   Many thanks for all your good wishes,  Turnip

xx
hen making strange noise

Started by shiatsusu on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 19, 2009, 22:10
by HENrietta
xx
chook making a bad noise!!!

Started by arrowchick on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 16:00
by Vember
xx
Any ideas why she is making this noise???

Started by agapanthus on The Hen House

25 Replies
Last post December 20, 2008, 15:32
by muntjac
xx
Clucky making lots of noise!!

Started by mummychick on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 22, 2011, 10:17
by Rhiannon

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 34 queries.