Recycling and waste dumps.

• 10 Replies

mrs bouquet

Recycling and waste dumps.
« on: April 04, 2021, 12:54 »
I have heard today, that the local tips will now only allow you to go by appointment, and that you can only visit once every 3 weeks.   Surely this will mean even more fly-tipping.   People will not be prepared to abide by these rules which have only changed here at the end of March.  During lockdown you could go when you liked.
Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Lardman

Re: Recycling and waste dumps.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 13:16 »
The ones around here became "by appointment only" during the first lock down which you had to book weeks in advance, I don't think they've changed back.  Judging by the number of skips in my road, the hire places must be absolutely raking it in as it's really the only practical solution. 

Christine

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 14:12 »
No such thing as by appointment around here.

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 17:16 »
No restrictions at ours at present.  Sister has to make an appointment and take proof of address with her.

jezza

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 11:24 »
Hello my local authority had booking for tipping on first lock down now no bookings but restricted to one person per vehicle and no trailers allowed,they've had a green waste pass and general waste pass for years these are registered to the vehicle and driver,only thing that has to be signed in are car batteries   jezza

al78

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 15:31 »
It does make me wonder why people have all of a sudden got massive amounts of waste to dispose of at the same time that results in demand for the tips so high it is causing long queues backing out onto major road junctions. Maybe we should all try to minimise what we throw away and find out how to get more life out of products.

This has not just happened during COVID, I once had to queue for two hours to use the Hop Oast tip in Horsham, and I very rarely use it. I think the general inability or unwillingness to do anything briskly in Horsham has something to do with it. It is like roadworks in the town that must take at least a month, the time being proportional to the amount of disruption they cause.

GraciesGran

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 17:15 »
We visited your local tip with some old fencing yesterday the guy directing operations said they were so busy because charity shops had been closed and were now only taking limited donations.

al78

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 09:57 »
We visited your local tip with some old fencing yesterday the guy directing operations said they were so busy because charity shops had been closed and were now only taking limited donations.

That is a good point, didn't think of that (I should because I am a volunteer at one of my local ones). The charity shops are open now so hopefully that will reduce demand if that was contributing to demand.

Debz

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 11:37 »
We had to book an appointment throughout the first lockdown and we are still doing it in the second one.  Not sure what the authority's plan is once we come out but it's been no problem here to get an appointment quickly unless you are looking for one on a weekend.  You have to wait about ten days to get one of those.

GraciesGran

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 16:57 »
Having made an appointment at the charity shop I turned up with my 2 labelled boxes  to be told to go away they didn't want anymore donations.  Fortunately a charity shop further along the road took them

Have made a formal complaint, it wasn't do much what she said but the way she said it. 

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 12:57 »
We have a booking system, I've used it a couple of times for garden rubbish. Hedge trimmings and weeds from a lot of ground clearance.
I think it's a really good system, we're allowed 2 visits a week and I haven't had any problem making a booking 5-7 days in advance.
I drive straight in, unload and go, brilliant.
I hope they keep it when/if we get back to "normal"

clip
For anyone who's feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 03, 2019, 15:19
by snowdrops
xx
Bin Men have taken the recycling AND the bin

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post March 06, 2024, 10:15
by vikingraider
xx
Recycling

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post November 24, 2018, 18:04
by rowlandwells
xx
Recycling old mobile phones

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post September 19, 2019, 18:15
by Aidy

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 50 queries.