Feeling sad

• 9 Replies

snowdrops

Feeling sad
« on: December 23, 2018, 22:09 »
Went to the plot to harvest some parsley for a friend & the padlock wasn’t on the gate, nothing unusual in that although the rules say to keep it locked at all times. It’s often hanging on the back of the gate but it wasn’t there. As I walked up to my plot there was an abandoned wheelbarrow with holes in it near where things get left free to a good home. Then I noticed a shed door open but I don’t think it usually has a lock on it so I looked in but there wasn’t much in it so I closed it & fastened it with the wood block that was screwed onto the frame. By this time I was feeling quite uneasy. I realised my shed didn’t look quite right & sure enough the padlock was gone & the aspen staple ruined. Nothing appears to have been taken & my other shed at the bottom of the plot was untouched(this one has the rotorvator hidden in it). On walking up the plot I met another plot holder & had a chat with him & he said he’d come in the top gate but it wasn’t locked but he hadn’t thought anything of it so he went to check  & that lock was missing.
I ended up going to b & q & buying 2 suited padlocks for the gates & 1 for my shed & a new aspen staple. I’ve put a sign on both gates so people can ring me to gain access & the number of another woman plotholder who lives opposite who I gave keys to as she’s got chickens. I’ve rung the police & reported it & left a message for the council. So I hope they’re working tomorrow & can replace the padlocks otherwise it’s going to busy here tomorrow with people wanting to get their veg.
Why can’t people leave other people’s stuff alone.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

Re: Feeling sad
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 22:14 »
It is a very sad world, and I am sorry this happened to you, especially at this time.  It totally destroys the feeling of 'goodwill to all men'.   Hope the chickens will be ok.   regards  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 22:24 »
Ugh, I really hate the b*s*a*r*s who do this, it really is the lowest.

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 22:40 »
Thanks both, I’m sat here now wondering what’s happening up there .

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 09:26 »
I’m sat here now wondering what’s happening up there .

Fingers crossed that nothing is.  Its the worry that makes these sort of crimes so nasty for those on the receiving end.

Try not to dwell on it - hard I know, but the sad truth is that some people just do this kind of thing without a single thought for others.  You have acted to protect everyone else's stuff and they will be very grateful for it.  That's a great bit of goodwill to counteract the negative effect of the break in, so well done you  :)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 13:47 »
Don't beat yourself up.   You did what you could and more beside.   You cannot go there, and sit with your catapult in case they return.   They won't do that anyway,   they have made their mischief,  and will now move on and make some elsewhere.    That is, of course, if they are not off their heads somewhere. :mad:   Try now to dismiss it, and remember your Christmas will be better than theirs.
Christmassy regards.  Mrs Bouquet

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 13:55 »
That horrible sinking feeling as you realise someone has invaded your spaces is dreadful, Snowy and I do feel for you. I cannot comprehend why people have to do this. Folk are fortunate you did what you could like that to help, especially at a time when you are so busy yourself.
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 15:39 »
If only the chickens had cameras and mobiles

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 22:31 »
Council woman contacted me & we met up & she replaced the padlocks, there appears to be n9 further activity but I’ve found out that a shed was broken into of a house that backs onto the site on the same night. Also there have been a couple of breakins at 2 nearby houses.
Thanks for all your suppport it does help to put things into perspective.

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 22:05 »
It's   horrible isn't it ? we are not allowed sheds on the plots but have has break ins on the shed with our grass cutting stuff and have just acquired a big metal container.
Heard over Christmas there were sheds burned down in a nearby town, my allotment neighbour looks after his mothers there but havn't seen him to ask if his is alright
Marg

Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

clip
For anyone who's feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 03, 2019, 15:19
by snowdrops
xx
Feeling chilly

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post September 26, 2023, 17:49
by Yorkie
xx
Thinking, feeling, French beans ...

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 12, 2021, 11:48
by Growster...

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 35 queries.