Energy Bill/Smart meters ?

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

Energy Bill/Smart meters ?
« on: March 23, 2024, 15:01 »
I have been notified by my supplier that they have not been calculating my usage correctly and I now owe them £2,300.     My daughter, took 30 mins to look and print off all the bills etc,  but she has now gone on holiday.  I cannot understand what the usage bills are, but daughter says thats the idea.  Looking back she saw that from last Oct to November, 1 month, my electric had increased by £780.  Nothing has changed here and she says she things the meter may be faulty.  Every month I read the meter and send and they query and say the reading doesn't look right, so I send it again.
There is nothing I can do until daughter returns when she will 'phone them,  I cannot hear on the 'phone properly.  She is then going to tell them to switch me to smart meters.  I have shied away from them, because I am old and heard lots of bad stories.   Life can be a pain.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Energy Bill/Smart meters ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 11:43 »
Can't advise on how to sort out your billing Mrs. B, as it clearly needs some careful detective work to find out what's been happening, although it's apparently not that unusual for energy companies to make some pretty spectacular mistakes.  :ohmy:

As for smart meters, I finally caved in to the increasingly frequent 'reminders' from my energy company to fit them, and the process went smoothly and they appear to be operating as they should (seems there are fewer problems with the latest generation of meters compared to the first.)

(If you do go ahead, make sure you read your old meters when they are removed, just for your own peace of mind.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 19:53 »
And, if you can, take a photo of the old ones just before they are removed - don't just take the reading.  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 10:19 »
I warned about them sneaking this in before , don't forget to factor it in.

Energy watchdog Ofgem is consulting on a 'dynamic' new price cap system which allows different charges depending on the time of day in order to meet the demand of net zero.

jezza

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 22:16 »
Hello I have a "smart meter"thats on pre payment ,only way to press buttons in to read meter is to use 2 wooden spiin handles ,the supplier is supposed to he changing the meter but the council wont allow it ad I've changed suppliers with out in forming the council ,they have a deal with British gas,to supply all their properties ,I changed to Eon next saving 30 p per unit and 2o p daily standing charge ,airsource heat pump was gobbling power £15 every 3 days now its turned off £15 every 10 days ,  jezza

xx
Smart Meters

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

24 Replies
Last post September 29, 2018, 14:58
by Growster...
xx
Electric and Gas Smart meters

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post November 29, 2017, 18:55
by jezza
xx
Smart motorways.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post May 20, 2023, 07:54
by Goosegirl
xx
Smart meter on Economy 7...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post May 17, 2020, 21:02
by Growster...

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 44 queries.