Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel

• 260 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 18:43 »
Hi Foghorn, hope your girls soon come back to the coup.P.S what phone have you got? Are you pay as you go or contract?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 13:03 »
Good afternoon Foghorn, how is Beyonce today?  It is a wonder Yoda didn't topple over with her crop that full. 
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 21:17 »
Foghorn here  :)

Beyonce came back this morning.  Yoda said mum offered them a bowl of food this morning and she barely got a look in  :lol:  Beyonce hasn't stopped eating all day and when dad came home and offered some corn, she nearly took his hand off  ::)  I asked her what was up yesterday, but she just looked down her beak in distain and carried on eating  :lol:

I've got a phone on contract from ChikkaChat Snowdrops  ;)  Got a deal for me and the girls and mum doesn't even know she's paying for it all.  That will teach her to use shredded credit card statements for nest box bedding.  Great hobby putting them back together during those long winter evenings in the coop  ;)  :lol:

ANHBUC

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 11:51 »
That's norty Foghorn.  Now I know why I have had to cancel my Credit card due to an unauthorised transaction.  I don't know what my girls would do with a handbag though!!   :unsure:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 17:11 »
Alphie's diary

Afternoon diary.  Been confined to the run a fair bit recently with the snow and ice, but lovely sunny day today so mum let us out this morning and only just gone back now  :)

The girls were intent on a dust bath, so we found a nice spot.  Mum wasn't too pleased when she found it later mind  :lol:

I told her, when you have these high maintenance females, you have to let them have their spa treatments or there is hell to pay  ::)  Anyway, don't think she was that bothered 'cos she said 'Oh my lillies of the valleys'.  Nice of her to pay my girls a compliment like that  :D 

Mum was fishing leaves out of the pond, so while she played mud monsters, we found a border she hadn't tidied up yet.  We raked out the dead leaves and were busy taste testing the plants to see whether they were up to scratch, when Naomi and Eva (supermodels my girls don't ya know  ;)) whispered 'Watch out!', but we were caught red beaked  :blush:

Quick as a flash, we adopted an innocent pose 'Just looking at this brick mum.  Isn't it an interesting brick - think it may be the best brick we've found in the whole wall so far........'

Think we about got away with it  ;)  Were given half an apple to tempt us back to the run, so I reckon mum just about still loves us  :lol:
IMG_0477_zps05822640.jpg
IMG_0486_zpse43651d9.jpg
IMG_0481_zpsdcf15af8.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 14:10 by New shoot »

ANHBUC

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 19:23 »
 :D  Glad the weather has improved for you and your girls Alphie.  :D

helens-hens

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 16:43 »
Gosh your girls are well trained Alphie  :ohmy:! Any chance you could be tempted to come and teach my 3 girls a bit of discipline  :D
Helen

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 23:21 »
I would so love to adopt Alphie - he is gorgeous  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 19:58 »
Foghorn's diary

Sigh - the coop seems a bit empty these days diary.  Lost the old Yokohama over the winter and Mrs Doubtfire went the other day.  Not that she ever had any time for me, but she was a decent old bird in her way. 

Was out in the garden today and said to mum about some new girls.  She reckons yes, maybe a couple more this year and was looking on her computermebob to see what was around.  Then she got chatting with a friend about it and they said 'Is your boy OK with new girls?'  Mum said I was fine, but then her friend emailed back to say she thought de-spuring me might me a good idea first  :ohmy:  She had seen a picture of me recently and thought they were too long.

Well this developed into an email chat, then mum picked me up and took a picture of my spurs.  OK I admit they look fearsome, but a lad has an image to maintain you know.

Mum's friend nearly flipped and sent her a link on a 'How to do' video.  I was getting pretty worried by now I can tell you so I jumped up on the bench arm to watch as well.  Flippin' heck  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  Mum seemed a bit unsure as well.  She told her friend I had never hurt any of the girls or her.  The only one I have had a go at is Alphie, but that's why he lives in his own coop now.

I said 'Muuuuuummmmm I'm scared.  Alphie is a pipsqueak, he doesn't count.  I'd never do anything to you or the girls, you know that right '  :unsure:  Mum just said 'Don't worry Foggy, no-one is doing that to you', then she went and got me a couple of grapes to calm my nerves.  If her friend could see me eating grapes out of mum's hand, she'd know I'm a nice lad with manners  :)

Anyway, diary, panic over on that front and looks like I'm getting two new lovelies to call my own.  Gonna keep a close eye on the spare coop I can tell you  ;)  :lol:
IMG_0500_zps37dae9d9.jpg
IMG_0507_zps142d5054.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:56 by New shoot »

ANHBUC

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 20:05 »
That was a close shave Foghorn, I hope you will be on your best behaviour or your lovely spurs will be in line for the chop.   :ohmy:

Did your Mum mention what your new ladies class/breed will be?  I hope they will be up to your usual high standards.   :blush:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 21:01 »
Mum says not much around at the moment, but I can wait  ;)  Last time I got Yoda and Beyonce, Serama and bantie orp, so who knows this time  ::)  Mum's a sucker for a pretty bird, so I reckon I will be OK  :D

Springlands

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 21:14 »
Foghorn - I reckon that it is you that is a sucker for a pretty bird.  ;)  Hope you do not mind Foggy but I was just admiring your handsome tail feathers - your mum obviously keeps you well fed.  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 22:04 »
That was close Foggy,you better not forget your self in excitement when your new girls come or that friend of Mum's will be coming to have a snip at you :ohmy:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2013, 08:18 »
Alphie's Diary

Morning diary.  Mum's weekend off so expecting to spend lots of time out of the run today  :D  Just crowing and preening at the moment and getting ready for the day, after a nice breakfast of pellets with my girls.

Mind you, will have to be on my best behaviour.  Found out that the lily of the valley is one of mum's plants, not her pet name for the girls, and its the spikey stuff coming up in my favourite dust bath place.

Mum caught me again the other day and rolled her eyes a bit.  I said to her that the spikey bits were great for getting that bit of my back I just can't reach scratched.  Bliss  :D  Good job I'm her favourite and can get away with anything  :lol:

Thing is, however bad I am, I have mastered a cute look mum just can't resist.  Meal worms girls?  Just let me work my magic  ;) 

Foggy's being a bit odd at the mo.  Keeps saying he knows something I don't and I'll be pig sick when I find out.  Yeah right !  Like I care about that poser and his rag tag bunch  ::)  :lol:
IMG_0519_zps59f6a6b0.jpg
IMG_0524_zpse9601fd2.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:58 by New shoot »

Springlands

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2013, 10:48 »
Alphie -you certainly look very handsome today. Just keep off those lily of the valley or you might not get any more meal worms.  ;)

xx
Bantie Orpintons???

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:56
by Evansent
sad
Hen now cockerel

Started by The Goods on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 21:06
by Paul Plots
xx
how to get rid of next doors cockerel

Started by snowie on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post November 07, 2013, 10:57
by grinling
xx
pic's of my new hens and cockerel

Started by mickthepieman on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post July 04, 2011, 23:05
by NormandyMary

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 57 queries.