Peach tree

• 0 Replies

jambop

Peach tree
« on: April 24, 2018, 14:24 »
Hi Lookin for some sort of encouragement  :D I bought a peach tree at the end of Feb and eventually got it planted mid March. The tree looked fine when I bought it and its been in the ground for about 5 weeks or so now... but it has not produced any leaf yet. The skin on the branches look fine there is that red/ green glossy skin but the buds have not swollen any despite some really nice weather. I have watered it to make sure the roots are kept moist through the hot weather we have had this last two weeks so lack of water is not an issue.
The variety is Red Haven which is a mid season flowering variety... whatever that means because I am sure the flowering period will vary from country to country. As A standard I planted a pear and a plum tree about the same time and the growth they have made is astounding the new shoots are about three inches long on the plum and about the same on the pear. I have in an effort to see if there is life scratched at one of the buds and there is green there BUT in my experience this really means nothing, I prunes an apple tree really hard in the winter and the bus on the prunes branches are still showing green. Is there hope that it will break bud eventually or am I hoping in vain? One thing I did not do when I planted it was prune back some of the branches a bit should that have been done? I did not because of fear of silver leaf.... maybe there is too much wood for the meagre roots to supply? Any help or advice would be welcome.

xx
Peach tree

Started by Brambles on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 04, 2009, 07:56
by gobs
xx
peach tree

Started by jevennett on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 14, 2010, 00:05
by Trillium
xx
Peach tree help

Started by dno71 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 17:29
by Trillium
xx
peach tree

Started by mr Isaccs on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 27, 2009, 11:23
by oddpaws

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 39 queries.