Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

Wellington

• Experienced Member
Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2020, 14:11 »
Today, I will mostly be trying remortgage the house, teaching homeschool, nagging about chores, shouting at all of them to shut up while I try to remortgage the house (the dog has taken to barking at random things and the child does not want to do chores and is being a pita because screens are forbidden in school time) logging onto Ocado to see what they are doing with editing orders this week (they are not actually telling anybody, you just have to log on and see whether you can edit your order or not, as the moment, which is tricky, because I have no idea when I will next get one. I understand but an email would not go amiss, Ocado!). Then we will ride up to the plot this afternoon, do a bit more digging over as far as tolerance allows. Bike repairs en route, and home for leftover chicken stir fry and hot baths. I might start some more seeds, and the chicken carcass needs putting in for stock, too. Oh, and two loads of laundry. Knitting and gin later, and we all badly need an early night after the ridiculous messing about with the time again.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 14:54 »
Took this selfie before setting off to Tossco's this morning - driving was a bit tricky and I did get a few funny looks, but at least I feel confident that it's only groceries I picked up there.  :wub:
Deep-sea_diving_suit.jpg
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2020, 19:22 »
Today I have
1. got a new electric hand whisk-last one in the shop! It's a non essential so I don't know if they'll get more in, drivers are off or have more important things to deliver.

2. I've gone to a community orchard with the loppers and trimmed off all the cankerous branches I could reach. There's one bit I can't get to on my own. I need to take a knife to the rest of the patches so that'll be tomorrow's walk with the Husband.
3. Husband has gone to the Garden centre of choice and picked up the 6x chicken manure, 2x pellets for the allotment and other stuff for the garden. He's leaving it in the car park to preserve the safe distance, but he's lining the orders beside each other which is counter productive.
4. I caught the last neighbour and told her we'll take her grass clippings, veg and fruit peelings and she was happy to accept.
5. To do, I will take the exhausted compost and mix it with NPK and the 6x chicken manure for planting things out.
6. I will separate the seedlings into separate pots.
7. I will try and figure out what volume these pots are.
8. I will read up on chillies and find out do they like fertile compost or do they need to be treated mean. Maybe put them into their end pots. If anyone knows if I should gradually work them up pot size please tell
me.
9. Homework with Eldest.
10. Make rainbows
11. Modify to add, put the folded laundry away.
12. Pancakes. Omn nom nom nom.

Adding I didn't get 5, 6 and 7 done because it's an out of door task and the neighbours have stooped doing whatever dodgy thing it is they do and had a party. Complete with screaming, shrieking and awful loud music that you can hear streets away so I stayed inside and was cross. Got laundry sorted though.

snowdrops

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2020, 20:16 »
Today I have
1. got a new electric hand whisk-last one in the shop! It's a non essential so I don't know if they'll get more in, drivers are off or have more important things to deliver.

2. I've gone to a community orchard with the loppers and trimmed off all the cankerous branches I could reach. There's one bit I can't get to on my own. I need to take a knife to the rest of the patches so that'll be tomorrow's walk with the Husband.
3. Husband has gone to the Garden centre of choice and picked up the 6x chicken manure, 2x pellets for the allotment and other stuff for the garden. He's leaving it in the car park to preserve the safe distance, but he's lining the orders beside each other which is counter productive.
4. I caught the last neighbour and told her we'll take her grass clippings, veg and fruit peelings and she was happy to accept.
5. To do, I will take the exhausted compost and mix it with NPK and the 6x chicken manure for planting things out.
6. I will separate the seedlings into separate pots.
7. I will try and figure out what volume these pots are.
8. I will read up on chillies and find out do they like fertile compost or do they need to be treated mean. Maybe put them into their end pots. If anyone knows if I should gradually work them up pot size please tell
me.
9. Homework with Eldest.
10. Make rainbows
11. Modify to add, put the folded laundry away.
12. Pancakes. Omn nom nom nom.

Adding I didn't get 5, 6 and 7 done because it's an out of door task and the neighbours have stooped doing whatever dodgy thing it is they do and had a party. Complete with screaming, shrieking and awful loud music that you can hear streets away so I stayed inside and was cross. Got laundry sorted though.

Did they have visitors? I’d have rung the police if so
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2020, 20:30 »
Did they have visitors? I’d have rung the police if so

Hard to tell, there's that many people coming and going we don't know who lives there and how many people live there. It's probably an illegal HMO.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 10:17 »
I'm going to work for a fairly long shift this afternoon and into the evening.  OH is going out delivering shopping this evening.

I did get called in early yesterday  and spend quite a few hours chucking stock out, so I'm having a lazy morning  :D

Growster...

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 10:45 »
The other day I didn't...

...go out and 'munch' the garden prunings, because they're in a pile in the coldest part of the garden...

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2020, 13:24 »
Today I have remembered to have a look at a friend's apple tree. Husband and I will go and saw off the cankerous bits and apply potash to help it get over it's bitter pit. The potash is already at her house because we didn't know about Corvid-19 so it was safe to leave it there. The kids will have to play in the garden while he saws the infected branches off. Husband's thinking of heeping the branches in the second plot's shed-the one with the door hanging off to season so he can burn it at a later stage. Apple apparently smells nice and the shed is a safe distance from the apple trees nearby.

We're about to go to the plot where I'll turn Husband's apple into a family tree-it's a triploid and needs 2 pollination partners so it'll have to grow it's own ones. We have the friend's scions, Sunset, Crispin and 2 others, I'll have to go look them up during tomorrow's allotted session outdoors.

We'll apply chicken manure to the plots and fork a bit of the top plot over to stop the grass taking over.

Right, now to get this lot in their wellies.

snowdrops

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2020, 18:18 »
Today I was looking after the munchkins so mummy could go to the new house & continue decorating (they’re living with us so same household) . I didn’t think I’d get any gardening done but after the children’s daily walk went in the garden & they planted my competition potato ( not that I think there’ll be a competition let alone a show in August) plus another potato so they’ve got 1 each, then I planted a camellia seed I was given that had been soaking .
So all in all I got more done than I expected  :D

Christine

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2020, 07:41 »
Today I am going to do some weeding.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2020, 08:08 »
Today I am also going to do some weeding and then apply manure to the beds.
I will brush up the seeds the sparrows don't like and put them under a hedge because some bird will like them.

snowdrops

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2020, 10:46 »
Go to the Allotment & plant potatoes, remember my mum, 4 yrs today since she died.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2020, 11:50 »
Today I have

Today I have had my walk so Husband will take the last electric hand whisk back after it went brrrp for 2 seconds and died. GAAAHHHH

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2020, 16:03 »
A late start for me with my to do list, but this is when my free time is today.

So far I have baked MoS's eggless sponge cake and resisted eating it ... just.  I'm going to be making more stuff for tea and to stash in the fridge and doing a water change on the fish tank. 

Right now I have made a pot of green tea and am doing nuffin'   :lol:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2020, 16:41 »
Had to brave the supermarket today for a weekly shop. Most of the customers were really good, respecting the distance markers and following the prescribed route through the store. It goes without saying there were a few muppets as well!

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
Today's Bargain?

Started by Elaine G on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 13, 2018, 15:59
by JayG
xx
44 years today!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post November 09, 2023, 20:21
by Yorkie
xx
A sad milestone today

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

19 Replies
Last post February 25, 2021, 21:15
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 55 queries.