Anyone used Feliway?

• 7 Replies

Goosegirl

Anyone used Feliway?
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:36 »
I have four cats but one (a tortie called Millie) has become more aggressive, especially with two of the others. Nothing has changed here re- their environment and they all get equal love and cuddles, so I'm wondering about trying Feliway. Anyone tried it?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

maxyboo

Re: Anyone used Feliway?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 14:31 »
Not tried it myself but have known others who have. Some swear by it and others report no change. I think it's a case of try it and see what happens. Might be worth reading reviews on amazon and other sites to see what people's experiences are.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 14:36 »
I used it on the advice of other forum members when I had to transport cats to their new house. The spray worked amazingly well, with the plug in as well when they arrived.

Well worth it for us  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 20:25 »
I've also used it both when moving house which went very well and also recently when we were having building work done. The cats had become really unsettled with the noise and strangers in the house and they had started messing in the house. Got the diffuser and all settled immediately. Of course possible they had just got used to it but it seems to have really worked for us.

I think they are really worth the moony but the only way to know if it will help for you is try it I think.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Auntiemogs

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 20:39 »
Has she been spayed Goosie and have you checked her for bites etc? 

When I volunteered for Cats Protection, Feliway was often used for stressed pusskins.

Zylkene is also non-prescription but would mean feeding separately as it's added to food.
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 11:19 »
Hello Auntiemogs - yes, she was spayed after she got her from the Cats' Protection place. She has no bites from the other cats and has been wormed and de-flea-d as have the others. She just seems to be getting more territorial  in the last six months even though we've had her for about four years now. I will look at reviews for Feliway and see what happens. Many thanks.

Auntiemogs

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 12:34 »
Hello Auntiemogs - yes, she was spayed after she got her from the Cats' Protection place. She has no bites from the other cats and has been wormed and de-flea-d as have the others. She just seems to be getting more territorial  in the last six months even though we've had her for about four years now. I will look at reviews for Feliway and see what happens. Many thanks.
The feline mind is a mystery to me Goosie!  :wacko:  I only have the two, and they seem to take it in turns to have the upper paw.  I hope she settles soon.   :)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 22:32 »
We used the feliway plugins when we brought the kittens home from the lottie where they were born as the big cats Ollie and Mathilda have never had others living with them.
The feliways didn't stop Ollie spraying from time to time - he still does if hes stressed. Moo is better with the kittens - she just wallops them!!
Not sure hiw effective they were  :unsure:

xx
Feliway

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post July 12, 2012, 19:49
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Feliway diffusers

Started by Nails on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post November 01, 2009, 22:10
by Caralou

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 37 queries.