brussels and more brussels

• 4 Replies

rowlandwells

brussels and more brussels
« on: December 15, 2011, 09:01 »
 did anyone see all those brussels sprouts on the TV last night as far as the eye could see Brussels and more Brussels :ohmy:

and that posh machine harvesting them the machine cost as much as buying a house 200 grands worth got to grow a few Brussels to pay for that A!!

and it took a picture of every Brussels picked modern technology but i don't think it would be very good on the Lottie so I've decided not to go out and buy one  :(

then there was the rejects i said to the wife look at all those lovely sprouts going to waste I've seen them take off the outer laves on the market and sell them ;)

having said all that they did look good Brussels nice and green and not a hint of white fly 
perfect :D

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: brussels and more brussels
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 11:10 »
Yes, these machines are amazing aren't they?  Those were probably the Lincolnshire brussels, its usually the fields around us they film when they want to show decent veg! lol

Not surprising they have to grow so many brussels to help pay for that machine!

BabbyAnn

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 11:22 »
.... a machine like that might be a bit of an overkill for the 3 plants I grow on my allotment  :lol: 

having said all that they did look good Brussels nice and green and not a hint of white fly 

what, no added protein?  :nowink:  Ah, but think of all those lovely pesticides that add to the flavour ...  :blink:

rowlandwells

Re: Brussels and more Brussels
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 18:10 »
hi Gannie Annie
 i thought it mite be Lincolnshire my late father in law came from Donington NR Spalding we went there quite often to visit my wife's Grannie and uncles sadly they all passed away some time ago i remember  her uncles working  on the land we used to buy veg and Lincolnshire chine in Spalding must go back and visit Spalding sometime  :blink:

its lovely growing ground in that part of the country if only we had the same ground here your absolutely rite they only grow decent veg  :lol:

i don't mind a bit of pesticides Babby Ann much better than white fly or caterpillars .caterpillars take a bit more to swallow when cooked   :mellow:

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 06:05 »
.... a machine like that might be a bit of an overkill for the 3 plants I grow on my allotment  :lol: 

what, no added protein?  :nowink:  Ah, but think of all those lovely pesticides that add to the flavour ...  :blink:

We had white fly all round the kitchen last evening, afer I'd dissected some calabrese Babs!

Lokked rather nice for a while; reminded me of winter...

xx
Brussels

Started by thedigalots on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 20:06
by thedigalots
clip
Brussels

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 08, 2015, 20:39
by Beetroot Queen
xx
brussels

Started by harry on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 16, 2010, 08:46
by harry
xx
Help with brussels please?

Started by suesowsseed on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 17, 2010, 16:28
by suesowsseed

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 28 queries.