Running out of space

• 1 Replies

chickpeacurry

• Experienced Member
Running out of space
« on: April 06, 2014, 10:24 »
The plan for the plot covered everything we are wanting to grow.  I have ended up with more potatoes.  I have found a area to squeeze in three rows of main crop.   Any Advice 're maximum usage of land.  Is there anything people. Have grown between potato rows.  I love beans could I do dealt beans.  What about in between sweetcorn. Thanks

compostqueen

Re: Running out of space
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:19 »
I grow between crops but some folk are sniffy about such matters but it's your plot and you grow what you like where you have space.  In between spuds I grow squashes. Spuds grow underground and squash grow on top so it was fine.  Sometimes you might get a rogue spud that doesn't grow so you get a gap, so it makes sense to fill it.  A courgette or squash is ideal.   I grow beans around the outside of a rig but in the middle of it I grow more squashes and lettuces around the periphery.  You can grow beans with sweetcorn, and folks have done this for centuries

If you squeeze stuff in you have to be prepared for having to have smaller veg and it can get untidy and difficult to weed, but if you aren't fussy about serried ranks and such like you will be fine  :)

xx
Running out of Sill space

Started by Benny130 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 12:06
by angelavdavis
xx
Onions in between the dahlias? Running out of space

Started by missmoneypenny on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post November 29, 2019, 15:02
by Goosegirl
xx
Up and Running at Last

Started by SalB on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 30, 2009, 15:27
by nobby
xx
Running out of water

Started by Muls on Grow Your Own

31 Replies
Last post July 15, 2013, 19:10
by Muls

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 38 queries.