Carpal Tunnel

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

Carpal Tunnel
« on: November 11, 2019, 15:34 »
Been out gardening most of the day, with my wrist splint on.   The tree boys were here, and I came in to wash their mugs, so took the splint off.    I lift my glass mug and lost the grip, it fell into the washing up water, and broke into tiny pieces.    I have just managed to ensure that there are no shards left, but my granite sink is light grey, with tiny silver specks, that along with the water and bubbles, made it an unpleasant job.
My appointment with the consultant is next Monday at 4.25pm,  that means I shall be out in the dark  :ohmy:
Still better late than never.  I hope he does something quickly though, it wakes me up through the night, and I don't know what to do to make it stop.  Also the pain from it is now above my elbow and into my shoulder.
He is also going to remove the Dupuytren's
I know a few of you suffer with this, and its jolly painful isn't it.    Mrs Bouquet
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 15:45 by mumofstig »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

WeavingGryphon

Re: This wretched Carpal Tunnel
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 07:53 »
I get it if I'm not careful, reoccuring.
Have you tried having it in a sling? I found it helped because I could relax your arm and it's supported. Also I could put things in there with it like my keys or knitting.
Hope you have a torch. We do live in the middle of town but the light can be patchy and when the weather's wild, being able to see see out beyond the hood / hat combo can be hard. Black surface, dark water, swirling rains are not your friend when potholes are everywhere. Then there's good old spot the keyhole.

Note to self, time to waterproof spray all the stuffs.

mrs bouquet

Re: This wretched Carpal Tunnel
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 11:18 »
A friend bought me an excellent torch as part of my Christmas present.  I do not  go out at night alone.
We do not have pavements or street lights in the Village.    I did try the sling at one point,   but as I also have golfers elbow as well,  I cannot keep my arm folded up.    I say it with reluctance, but the knife is going to be the answer, although if it stops this pain I don't care anymore.   Probably cutting/pruning 150 feet of overhead grape vine hasn't helped it much today.    But somebody has to do it.   :lol: :lol:  Mrs B

mrs bouquet

Carpal Tunnel
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 21:31 »
After years with this condition, and numerous jabs.  I saw the consultant in November, she said I must go for nerve tests, which I had today.    The man who carried it out said.  You have severe Carpal Tunnel, I will email the Consultant now.
I am sure you can all imagine what I was saying to myself as I walked back down the corridor  !!!!!!    :ohmy: :D :D  Mrs Bouquet

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Carpal Tunnel
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 08:58 »
I hope this means you finally do get the treatment you need and some relief from the condition Mrs B  :)

xx
Carpal tunnel operation

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

17 Replies
Last post November 18, 2020, 10:33
by AlaninCarlisle
xx
Carpal Tunnel Op Practicing !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post November 19, 2021, 12:50
by AlaninCarlisle
xx
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

7 Replies
Last post November 19, 2018, 13:58
by sunshineband
xx
Carpal tunnel operation

0 Replies
Last post December 18, 2018, 13:55
by AlaninCarlisle

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 44 queries.