Potting on for what ?

• 23 Replies

Beetroot queen

Re: Potting on for what ?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 10:10 »
Panto time who's going to play the dame then ;)

grendel

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 10:51 »
we have a beautiful red and yellow plum next to the A2, the problem, its on a dual carriageway on a steep hill, and there are no hard shoulders, just crash barriers, nearest possible place to stop is the layby 1 mile before or a short pull in near the top of the hill 1 mile further on.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 10:54 »
we have a beautiful red and yellow plum next to the A2, the problem, its on a dual carriageway on a steep hill, and there are no hard shoulders, just crash barriers, nearest possible place to stop is the layby 1 mile before or a short pull in near the top of the hill 1 mile further on.
Grendel

Its depressing when you have to then see them going to waste. The apple we know looks like a picture, i am sure close up the apples probably have the same issues that most other trees but they look amazing from the road.  :( and very very large

Jackypam

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 13:55 »
Ummm, it's behind you??!  Sorry that probably counts as 'off topic!'

Beetroot queen

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 13:59 »
Ummm, it's behind you??!  Sorry that probably counts as 'off topic!'

I think we are all off topic so i wouldnt worry too much  :lol: Grendel is playing the dame seen as he replied after me asking  :D

compostqueen

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 14:58 »
The fruit that can't be reached provides food for birds so it won't go to waste.    We have a local group that organises fruit picking and they have persuaded the council to plant fruit by bus and railway stations etc etc and in their new tree planting schemes along with the usual English native trees

When I walk the dog I never go without my carrier bag and punnets  ;)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 15:21 »
The fruit that can't be reached provides food for birds so it won't go to waste.    We have a local group that organises fruit picking and they have persuaded the council to plant fruit by bus and railway stations etc etc and in their new tree planting schemes along with the usual English native trees

When I walk the dog I never go without my carrier bag and punnets  ;)

I wish we had something like that here, sounds amazing

starry

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 21:32 »
So i have been pulling out these tiny blackcurrant seedlings from under the bushes. And hubby asks me why i am bothering to pot them on.  ???

My answer is because "they are freebies"  :wacko: so he replied " yes but we already have more than enough"

"But they are free" i kept repeating, So i need some brilliant reason why i am growing them on rather than because they are free. seems criminal to throw them on the compost pile.  :unsure:
send them my way I love black currants, we have loads of blackberries coming into flower nesr me cant wait to pick them, and there is a couple of elder flower trees to but they are to high up to reach  :ohmy: love free stuff.
some people are like slinkys......they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs!!

BobE

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 21:34 »
BQ, Put them on freecycle.

xx
re potting

Started by JJ on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post March 13, 2010, 18:03
by JJ
xx
Potting on

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post March 18, 2009, 07:05
by Sadgit
xx
Potting up

Started by darthpaul on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 18, 2010, 13:06
by darthpaul
xx
Potting On?

Started by adri123 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post January 30, 2014, 16:31
by savbo

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 39 queries.