The Royal Breakfast

• 21 Replies

mrs bouquet

The Royal Breakfast
« on: January 09, 2020, 10:21 »
Can you imagine it today, and what was being said.       
Harry has been rude and disrespectful to The Queen, I wouldn't ever be that rude to my Grandparents.
Hopefully, the couple will pay us back some of the money we paid to have Frogmore House rebuilt for them.
 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: The Royal Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 13:26 »
MB, they have a royal status and a duty to our country whether he or she likes it or not. I applaud Harry for how he got the Invictus games going but her TV interview revealed a lot about her lack of dignity etc not just for her privileged position but also has revealed the sort of person she is.  :wacko:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 18:09 »
well there on there mind up to go and  don't hold your breath Mrs B about pay back for frogmore I it sounds like  a bit of throwing the dummy out of the pram I have to say I haven't got much time for both of them how they treated there parents and grand parents

I agree with both Mrs B and Goosegirl very well put should we have a whip round for the air fare  :D :D :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 22:06 »
All the money in the world and a privileged lifestyle doesn't give you good mental health.  Harry saw his mother hounded to death by the press and had to hold his emotions in, aged 7 or so, when he had to walk behind her coffin for some distance at her funeral.  He has opened up about needing therapy to deal with that.

Forward on some decades, when his wife now faces sexist, misogynistic, racist etc. press day in and day out.  Again, all the money in the world doesn't shield you entirely from this or its effects.

Anyone else would be applauded for taking themselves out of a toxic job.  But we have an odd attitude towards the royals, in that we feel that we own them and therefore have every right to dictate what they do -  they are effectively dehumanised.  Yes, our taxes fund their lifestyle and Frogmore house was expensive - I recognise that.  And it looks as though the way in which Harry and Megan's decision was communicated left a lot to be desired.

However, disengage the method of communication / planning for this decision, from the decision itself.  We do not have a right to demand that anyone's mental health is driven completely into the ground, no matter who they are. 
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 22:31 »
Was Mr. Markle's mental health considered at any time  !  Mrs B
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 22:33 by mrs bouquet »

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 22:35 »
Was Mr. Markle's mental health considered at any time  !  Mrs B

I'm not sure how that is relevant to this particular thread.  However, publishing or selling your daughter's confidential letters in an apparent attempt to blackmail your child to behave in a certain way is not the action that I'd consider a reasonable parent to take.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 22:36 by Yorkie »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 23:17 »
I like Harry, but I don't think this has been well thought out, they seem to think they can have the royal lifestyle - titles, expensive house, protection, etc - when they choose, but not do any royal duties for those privileges. That's not how life works nowadays, is it?

I think they need to be one thing or the other, either they are private citizens (as much as they possibly can be) or they are working members of the royal family. Nor should get financial assistance, either, if they aren't putting any royal work in. It's not as if they want to live quietly somewhere, they really do still want the public's attention but not to be part of the royal team..

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 10:43 »
I like Harry, but I don't think this has been well thought out, they seem to think they can have the royal lifestyle - titles, expensive house, protection, etc - when they choose, but not do any royal duties for those privileges. That's not how life works nowadays, is it?

I think they need to be one thing or the other, either they are private citizens (as much as they possibly can be) or they are working members of the royal family. Nor should get financial assistance, either, if they aren't putting any royal work in. It's not as if they want to live quietly somewhere, they really do still want the public's attention but not to be part of the royal team..

I agree with that.  The royals do cost a lot, but I recognise the work they do for brand Britain and also the diplomatic stuff and charity work.  It is a job though and you have to do your share of the work.  If any of them want to opt out and have a quiet life outside the circus, I don't think anyone would mind.  It is not a case of people thinking they own them, more just expecting some value for money.

I have no idea of what they are really like, or their family members, or any of their states of mind or motives for doing anything.  I don't follow the press on them as I am not that interested and I think most of it is made up anyway.  They are protected from a lot and I'm sure can afford help with anything they want.  That is a luxury most don't have, so it isn't all bad  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 13:41 »
I read in the paper today (so of course it MUST be true  ::)  that they want to start a charitable foundation like the Obamas, after talking with them quite a bit. Nobody could argue with those ideals.
That's great, but the Obamas don't receive any public money for doing what they do. That seems fair enough to me  :)

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 07:30 »
Charity work, when under the auspices of our Royal Family, working as an institution which is the best in the world, is one thing, but doing charity stuff in the US is an entirely different can of worms, as can be seen by the eye-watering money being paid to the bosses, and the influence generated in all high walks of life there.

Charity begins at home, so why can't they promote British ideals?

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 11:18 »
I do wonder whether it is just possible that Harry is regretting his marriage, in as much as he is now torn between his duty to the monarchy and the love of his wife and child.   I do not think that a place can now be arranged, by the Palace, for him and her to work in a royal capacity.    Megan has gone, and I strongly suspect that she has told Harry, I ain't coming back !.    Had they not had Archie, it is possible that things may have worked out differently, but a child is a big "tug", and Harry will not want to forfeit that.    So he is stuck, what does he do now ?     He has always been known to be hot-headed, and not always taken advice from those close to him.    I am sure that he must now be reflecting on all these things and wondering how to dig himself out.    Let us hope he does not make any rash decisions.      Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 11:38 »
I do agree with Yorkie's point of view re- Harry's mental health which can affect anyone in whatever position and no matter who they are. Maybe this is a last-ditch attempt to save their marriage, I don't know, but he should have had the courtesy to have told his mum before anyone else.  :closedeyes:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 14:02 »
I do agree with Yorkie's point of view re- Harry's mental health which can affect anyone in whatever position and no matter who they are. Maybe this is a last-ditch attempt to save their marriage, I don't know, but he should have had the courtesy to have told his mum before anyone else.  :closedeyes:
Do you mean his  Gran? He probably has discussed it with his mum (in his head)..

rowlandwells

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 17:19 »
why is it mental health is always brought into the conversation these days when it  seems to me an open and shut case if Harry wants to make a fresh start away from high society including royal duties and live like the rest of us in the real world good luck to him

but I don't agree the royal purse should fund this lifestyle yes by all means give him a few quid to start his new life as a one of payment because as it stands if your in the royal household and you perform your royal duties as protocol and that goes for anyone who comes into the royal household by marriage like Kate who seems to have adjusted to the royal lifestyle and duties without to many problems that's expected from someone who marries into the royal family and the duties that goes with marring someone of that royal status

so thanks Harry for what you've done in the past and good luck in Canada with the new job whatever it mite be so go and enjoy your family remember your always welcome to come and visit the UK  for your hols  :D :D

jaydig

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 18:22 »
Charity work, when under the auspices of our Royal Family, working as an institution which is the best in the world, is one thing, but doing charity stuff in the US is an entirely different can of worms, as can be seen by the eye-watering money being paid to the bosses, and the influence generated in all high walks of life there.

Charity begins at home, so why can't they promote British ideals?

Probably because, as you pointed out, the possibility of making loads of cash is far more likely in the US than in Britain.

xx
My Muddy Breakfast

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 15, 2018, 11:19
by hamstergbert
xx
Carers on Breakfast TV.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 13, 2024, 17:45
by wighty

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 55 queries.