Cardboard cut-out...

• 4 Replies

Growster...

Cardboard cut-out...
« on: October 19, 2023, 18:52 »
Like some chums here may have, I own a fetish for cutting up any white cardboard from tea boxes etc. into 4" x 3" pieces to use as lists for shopping etc.! I also leave any bits around the house for when I want to remember something, and they're call 'one-worders'!

So, today, I had some local shopping, and as is my wont, the list was duly made up on the back of a Twinings card as it's our 51st wedding anniversary on Saturday and I'm doing the cooking, so I've damn well got to get it right! The list always goes in my left-hand back pocket and my wallet goes in the front one. All felt good as I left 'The Turrets', brimming with pride!

So Growster sets off, arrives at Waitrose, and clicks the funny little green handset machine to get going, and feels for the list...

Blast! The list was yesterday's, (Sainsbury's, for some linen)! I'd left the right one at home! Hmphhhhh...

So I spent the best part of half an hour peering at everything on every shelf in Waitrose the grocers, to try and remember what was on the list!

And blow me; I got it nearly right, and only forgot some strong flour, as we've just acquired a bread machine from a daughter's generous present back in the Summer, and it's a fabulous challenge to get things right!

So hopefully, the old brain cells are still functioning - up to a point...;0)

Goosegirl

Re: Cardboard cut-out...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 08:46 »
My husband used to do the same. Thing is, he never put the scissors back where he got them from so I would have to go on a major search! Now I have a five-piece set and have hidden three of them!  :tongue2:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 09:17 »
My husband used to do the same. Thing is, he never put the scissors back where he got them from so I would have to go on a major search! Now I have a five-piece set and have hidden three of them!  :tongue2:

Ha ha ha! Hear, one pair is on a hook by the window, one in a tray on the worktop and the third pair in the sharp-knife drawer!

There's a smaller pair in the conservatory, a fold-up pair on a sort of key-ring next to my chair, a small pair by this laptop and a similar pair in the lounge...

There are four pairs in the shed and one in the GH plus another in the fuel shed. Also there's a pair in the car

Mrs Growster has about 450 pairs of nail scissors all over the place, and I don't have any!

I'm sure I've left some out...:}~

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 08:59 »

Ha ha ha! Hear, one pair is on a hook by the window, one in a tray on the worktop and the third pair in the sharp-knife drawer! I'm sure I've left some out...:}~
I can hear you so there's no need to shout!  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 18:23 »
Ha ha ha!

What a dreadful typo GG - please allow me to be slapped across the belly with a wet fish!!

And I've remembered another pair, hanging on the pantry door - they're the ones we bought from Mothercare all those years ago for daughts' fingernails and toenails...

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 37 queries.