Anyone had this rotten cold?

• 20 Replies

mrs bouquet

Re: Anyone had this rotten cold?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 16:52 »
Go with the flow Goosegirl, just go with the flow.  A big comfort hug to you and anybody else who would like one.    :mellow:    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 17:22 »
I swear that sometimes the anti-flu jab gives folks a mild dose of it. Husband who had a variety of ailments as was reacted so badly the year he had his that the surgery refused to treat him thereafter.

Yup, they used to do that for us here, Christine, but the last couple of years have been much easier!

The worst year was having both the pneumonia and the flu jab at the same time - I didn't know where to turn...

Some chums around here have succumbed however, and had a rotten festive 'whatever'!

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 17:29 »
I tried to do an insta- vaporisation of Olbas oil (there are other brands, probably) using the gas cooker to help clear this lot's faces before bed. I figured that the vapour would fill the whole house, which it definitely did.

8 inch blue fireball which guttered into a tall wavering flame.

That waved at me for 2-3 minutes far too long because it gave time for the Husband to get through to find out what the yelp, yip/yell, "NOTHING'S HAPPENED" and funny smell was. He helped check for then trim the singed ends of my hair off. I didn't get a hug.

I got banned and we "agreed" that I was going to get an oil burner.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 17:32 by WeavingGryphon »

Goosegirl

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 10:50 »
Yes, it did start with a tickly cough but then it went up into my sinuses. It is slowly getting better but certainly taking its time.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 21:34 »
Goosey, with a monica such as yours, you could have just tied yourself into a tight bodice, layered internally with goose fat (as they used to do), and weathered the storm until March! Growsters like bodices...

I'm so sorry you're still poorly, you don't deserve all this at the moment, so get well soon and hurry back!

Goosegirl

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 12:45 »
Hey, it's either a good lathering of goose fat with a bit of red flannel to keep it in or gosh, should have thought of this before! The answer is of corset it is, of course it is and should have known! Take the whalebones out of said corset and put them into a pan with various herbs and a soupçon of ambergris, bring to a rolling boil then reduce to a mere simmer for about half an hour, cover with Clingfilm, then let it cool overnight. When you wake up in the morning, take the top layer off, add a bit of Friar's balsam with some hot water then apply it to whatever part of your OH's anatomy annoys you the most. I remember a time when I heard a story about a new nurse who was asked to give a patient some Friar's balsam as he had a chest problem. Unfortunately she applied said balsam on his chest. If he'd been up for it he'd have had the best de-waxing a man could ever get and it was all paid for by the NHS! Jolly good job he didn't have a urinary tract infection!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:53 by Goosegirl »

xx
What a rotten week !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post August 28, 2023, 10:24
by Christine
xx
Very cold week to come

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2021, 13:49
by jezza
clip
Too old for a cold shower !

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

21 Replies
Last post July 18, 2021, 22:31
by al78
xx
Very cold toes.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post November 06, 2022, 10:19
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 45 queries.