Gutters

• 17 Replies

Deucecoup

Re: Gutters
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 12:15 »
Where I work, me and the handyman made a Japanese Water House and instead of copper guttering we made it out of wood.
We used old Ladder hooks that were in the garage (painted them black), made the 'U' Channel guttering from what ever wood that was in the workshop. Finally painted the inside with Felt roof repair paint stuff that was also in the workshop. The outside we painted a dark brown.

Looks amazing, no leaks, all recycled.

I suppose if you dont have any of that then it would be very expensive LOL

BestBreast

• Experienced Member
  • Chhhhiiiiiiickens.......
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 22:59 »
I've posted this before but it would be lost on the thred (plastic bottles) you could cut bottles and use them instead. I know its been used in 3rd world countries and works, not so pleasing on the eve though.

Another thought what about any houses that are having extension or work on gutters/contact council. For example we had our guttering replaced last year and now are doing a two storey extension so a lot will be taken down not sure if they will reuse, as more will be requied. So some builders would be happy to have this taken away just knock on the door or ask site manager. Skips but always ask, I salvaged some down pipe earlier this year.

Good luck

scabs

• I love the smell of rhubarb in the morning
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 15:24 »
not so pleasing on the eve though.

You could paint 'em matt black, they'd look ok then...

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 28 queries.