toes

• 16 Replies

wighty

toes
« on: October 25, 2021, 20:16 »
Until you loose them, or hurt them, you don't realise how much you rely on them.  I slipped last night getting out of the bath and ended up with my leg bent back with two toes bent backwards against the side of the bath.  I can just about walk to the other side of the room today as they are swollen and a lovely purple colour! I don't think anybody gives due consideration to this essential part of our bodies.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: toes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 21:57 »
Poor you, hope they heal quickly.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 00:48 »
I dropped a 36 gallon beer barrel on my foot some years back. Mercifully my steel toe-tectors meant I only broke my big toe, so I know your pain!

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 06:16 »
Poor you, Wighty - that must really hurt!

I only learned very late in life how much work toes do, they cause the 'spring' in your step and keep you perfectly balanced when standing.

Like most bits, 'you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone'...

Hope you get them back soonest!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 12:30 »
Ouch!

Hope you feel better soon.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 12:41 »
Oooh, bet that hurt! Nowadays I always get good quality shoes from a shop in town as they're so comfy, well-made and last for ages. The name Siebel springs to mind.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 13:02 »
Oooh, bet that hurt! Nowadays I always get good quality shoes from a shop in town as they're so comfy, well-made and last for ages. The name Siebel springs to mind.

Wasn't she in Fawlty Towers?

Gorgeous lady!

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 14:38 »
Commiserations Wighty, I feel your pain having broken my little toe a few years back. I was rushing around, as you do & walked into our electric recliner chair that’s on a hefty metal frame! :wacko:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

wighty

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 17:20 »
I have to, by law, wear denim and steel toe caps in the shop as we have glass on the premises) but I think I would have looked a bit silly wearing them in the bath! :D Bit easier today until I went to put something in a top cupboard which I can only just reach if I stand on tiptoe.

Lardman

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2021, 17:33 »
Sort out the cause for the slip Wighty, several of ML's friends suffered nasty injuries falling in the bath. Grab rails are handy if only to provide a little extra stability when stepping out - I have even put one up here  ;)

As for the toes - I also feel your pain, having lost count of the number of times I've stubbed them of stuff around the house. They need redesigning - especially the little ones which just stick out too far for their own good.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 20:49 »
Wighty, I hope you and those toes feel better soon!  OUCH!!   :(

I stubbed a big toe badly when I was 21.  Now at 63, I can still feel in my toe that the weather is turning before I see it! 
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Goosegirl

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 13:13 »

Wasn't she in Fawlty Towers?

Gorgeous lady!
Yes she was - ha!  :nowink:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 20:22 »
Ouch! Hope you feel better soon, Wighty  :ohmy:#

I remember breaking one just before exams in 4th year senior.  I still had to climb three flights of stairs three times a day for the exams, as they wouldn't leave me in the room between exams  >:(  And I couldn't swim either [not in the room  :lol: ]

Painful indeed.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

MrsPea

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 08:10 »
Hope you’re feeling better today wighty, at least you can have a few days off work  :)
I Love my green house

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2022, 15:48 »
I don't want this to sound as "My black dog is blacker than your black dog" but after a days sailing in a sunny clime, in shorts and not much else, I was waiting for the bumboat (or Walla Walla) to take me to shore. 

My bare toes were curled over the gunwall (gunnl) and in came the bumboat, the boats came together and smack!  Both big toes took the impact full on.

Lost both big toe nails.   Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

xx
Very cold toes.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post November 06, 2022, 10:19
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 53 queries.