The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

• 4196 Replies

dugless

Re: The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!
« Reply #1680 on: July 31, 2011, 06:37 »
Quote from: Trillium on July 24, 2011, 04:12 AM
A group of seniors were sitting around talking about all their ailments.
"My arms have gotten so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.
"Yes, I know," said another. "My cataracts are so bad; I can't even see my coffee."
"I couldn't even mark an "X" at election time, my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third.
"What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you!"
"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a fourth, to which several nodded weakly in agreement.
"My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy!" exclaimed another.
"I forget where I am, and where I'm going," said another.
"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he slowly shook his head.
The others nodded in agreement.
"Well, count your Blessings," said a woman cheerfully - - "thank God we can all still drive".

Surely in this age of PC this would be classed as age-ist as well as steriotyping people with disabilities joke. If these were black, Irish, male transvestites, homosexual, Jews, talking in a dole queue you could have covered the entire gambit of PC taboos in one joke.  Just an observation
HF
I have just realised I am broad minded, I am in that category,  that joke did not offend me at all.

Every joke is PC incorrect in some way
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:01 by dugless »
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

LilacSandy

« Reply #1681 on: July 31, 2011, 09:02 »
I'm 61 so can retire if I want to and I have just been told that I have cateracts forming but I still found it funny.  :lol:

hamstergbert

« Reply #1682 on: July 31, 2011, 09:21 »
Amended to avoid offence to terrestrial lifeforms (except those who regularly take offence on the behalf of others who they perceive as being slighted even though said others usually couldn't give a rubber ningi about it)

A group of aliens were sitting around talking about all their ailments.
"My pseudopods have gotten so weak I can hardly lift this cup of Algolian bletterjuice," said one.
"Yes, I know," said another. "My scorpleflies are so bad; I can't even see my Rigellian phlarb."
"I couldn't even mark an "X" at Galactic election time, my tentacles are so crippled," volunteered a third.
"What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you!"
"I can't turn my cranicase because of the arthritis in my ooflet," said a fourth, to which several nodded weakly in agreement.
"My ichor pressure pills make me so dizzy!" exclaimed another.
"I forget which galaxy I'm in and where I'm going," said another.
"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old alien as he slowly shook his cranicase.
The others nodded in agreement.
"Well, count your Blessings," said the oldest alienette cheerfully - - "be thankful we can all still fly our saucers".

The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #1683 on: August 01, 2011, 00:26 »
 :lol: Excellent adaptation!  Well done hamstergbert!

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
« Reply #1684 on: August 01, 2011, 12:30 »
Brilliant hamstergbert!

just an observation, but you run the risk of upsetting those atheists who don't believe in blessings  :tongue2: :lol:
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

dugless

« Reply #1685 on: August 01, 2011, 12:41 »
An elderly gentleman....
Had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%
The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, 'Your hearing is perfect... Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.'
The gentleman replied, 'Oh, I haven't told my family yet.
I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!'

Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age How do you feel?'
Slim says, 'I feel just like a newborn baby.'
'Really!? Like a newborn baby!?'
'Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.'

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.
The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great.. I would recommend it very highly.'
The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'
The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love?
You know.... The one that's red and has thorns.'
'Do you mean a rose?'
'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'

Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.
On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.
'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ...
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure..'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast ?'

A senior citizen said to his eighty-year old buddy:
'So I hear you're getting married?'
'Yep!'
'Do I know her?'
'Nope!'
'This woman, is she good looking?'
'Not really.'
'Is she a good cook?'
'Naw, she can't cook too well.'
'Does she have lots of money?'
'Nope! Poor as a church mouse.'
'Well, then, is she good in bed?'
'I don't know.'
'Why in the world do you want to marry her then?'
'Because she can still drive!'

Three old guys are out walking.
First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?'
Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'
Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer..'
A man was telling his neighbor, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art.. It's perfect.'
'Really,' answered the neighbor . 'What kind is it?'
'Twelve thirty..'
Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical.
A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.
A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, 'You're really doing great, aren't you?'
Morris replied, 'Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.''
The doctor said, 'I didn't say that... I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful.'
One more. . .!
A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool. After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.
The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'
'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'

Now , before you 'forget', send them on to some other folks you know who could use a good laugh  
 (removed duplication - John)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 13:31 by John »

hamstergbert

« Reply #1686 on: August 01, 2011, 14:18 »
Brilliant hamstergbert!

just an observation, but you run the risk of upsetting those atheists who don't believe in blessings  :tongue2: :lol:

According to the Uxbridge Universal Dictionary (Western Spiral Arm edition) in addition to any somewhat parochial terrestrial definitions of the term,  'Blessings' are also small 9-legged creatures from the planet Mster in the Gbrt system.  In common with many of the fauna of the galaxy, these have a habit of continuing to exist regardless of how many earthly atheists do not believe in them.   After all, earthly atheists continue to exist even though many Betegeusians have difficulty believing in them and usually accuse me of making them up whenever they come visiting in their saucers.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #1687 on: August 01, 2011, 17:32 »
What have you been smoking? Can I have some? :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

dugless

« Reply #1688 on: August 01, 2011, 19:26 »
An elderly gentleman....
Had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%
The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, 'Your hearing is perfect... Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.'
The gentleman replied, 'Oh, I haven't told my family yet.
I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!'

Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age How do you feel?'
Slim says, 'I feel just like a newborn baby.'
'Really!? Like a newborn baby!?'
'Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.'

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.
The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great.. I would recommend it very highly.'
The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'
The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love?
You know.... The one that's red and has thorns.'
'Do you mean a rose?'
'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'

Hospital regulations require a wheel chair for patients being discharged. However, while working as a student nurse, I found one elderly gentleman already dressed and sitting on the bed with a suitcase at his feet, who insisted he didn't need my help to leave the hospital.
After a chat about rules being rules, he reluctantly let me wheel him to the elevator.
On the way down I asked him if his wife was meeting him.
'I don't know,' he said. 'She's still upstairs in the bathroom changing out of her hospital gown.'

Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ...
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure..'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast ?'

A senior citizen said to his eighty-year old buddy:
'So I hear you're getting married?'
'Yep!'
'Do I know her?'
'Nope!'
'This woman, is she good looking?'
'Not really.'
'Is she a good cook?'
'Naw, she can't cook too well.'
'Does she have lots of money?'
'Nope! Poor as a church mouse.'
'Well, then, is she good in bed?'
'I don't know.'
'Why in the world do you want to marry her then?'
'Because she can still drive!'

Three old guys are out walking.
First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?'
Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'
Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer..'
A man was telling his neighbor, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art.. It's perfect.'
'Really,' answered the neighbor . 'What kind is it?'
'Twelve thirty..'
Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical.
A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.
A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, 'You're really doing great, aren't you?'
Morris replied, 'Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.''
The doctor said, 'I didn't say that... I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful.'
One more. . .!
A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool. After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.
The waitress asked kindly, 'Crushed nuts?'
'No,' he replied, 'Arthritis.'

Now , before you 'forget', send them on to some other folks you know who could use a good laugh  
 (removed duplication - John)

sorry John I do not know how that came about I did not intend to put all of them on at once have been selecting the best from a long list 

hamstergbert

« Reply #1689 on: August 01, 2011, 20:55 »
What have you been smoking? :)

Herrings.  But it's hard to keep them alight....

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #1690 on: August 01, 2011, 22:17 »

sorry John I do not know how that came about I did not intend to put all of them on at once have been selecting the best from a long list 

Or maybe you're just getting old and repeating yourself?

dugless

« Reply #1691 on: August 02, 2011, 06:26 »

Or maybe you're just getting old and repeating yourself?

not getting I am already there  :D :D

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
« Reply #1692 on: August 02, 2011, 08:54 »

odd, considering Herrings are an oily fish.  ::)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #1693 on: August 02, 2011, 10:14 »
Don't worry - I know a certain author who wrote an article, forgot he'd written it and then wrote basically the same article again!   :wub:

hamstergbert

« Reply #1694 on: August 02, 2011, 14:22 »
odd, considering Herrings are an oily fish.  ::)

True, but they keep swimming out of the rizlas

xx
give us our daily bread

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post March 13, 2022, 09:54
by lettice
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
A funny mis-read.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 17:44
by wighty

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 51 queries.