Vacinations

• 5 Replies

blossom1044

Vacinations
« on: June 17, 2008, 17:42 »
We're just about to purchase 4 POL Sussex birds.  I wanted to check details of vacination and the response was :

Our hens our vaccinated for mareks disease, salmonella enteritidus, coccidiosis, infectious bursal disease gumboro, classical infectious bronchitis/Newcastle disease, mycoplasma gallisepticum, varient infectious bronchitis, avian rhinotracheitis, avian encephalomyelitus, inac Newcastle/infectious bronchitis egg drop syndrone 76.

:shock:
 :shock:

Do you know if this is enough! :wink:  :roll:

No seriously have they missed something?
new to hens
Thanks
T

too many girls

Vacinations
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 17:59 »
if you eat one of their eggs i reckon you could fly.................
seriously, i haven't heard of most of those diseases.

Kate and her Ducks

Vacinations
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 20:32 »
Do you get autitic chickens?
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Vacinations
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 20:44 »
They sound like Omlet supplied chickens.

Nothing else they could be done for I recon.  That type of immunisation plan is only carried out by BIG breeders., who supply on to other dealers.

blossom1044

Vacinations
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:08 »
Autistic - probably and knowing us most likely.

I hadn't heard of most of those diseases either!

Not Omlet.  They breed on a moderate size and sell onto the public as well as to other breeders.  They are mainly a free range egg production farm on a local scale which sell to local small shops in and around East Sussex.   They are fully organic and free range and all the chickens when I visited 2 weeks ago were very happy.  The chickens sold to backyard people like us are done seperate from the main stock.  They have more human contact - stroking and cuddles and chatted too so on.  Their business is run in two seperate sections.  The younger generation have set up this side of the business because they found there was a growing demand of people who wanted friendly choock to have as pets and lay eggs at home.  as you can imagine HRW and co have really increased their business.

compostqueen

Vacinations
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 12:00 »
mine too were from a small breeder and their hybrids are vaccinated against the usual things.  I had no knowledge of chickens so the "fully vaccinated" bit reassured me that they'd be in good health and would remain so. True of my hens so far, and they're laying like mad  :D

xx
Vacinations!!

Started by Vonnie on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 08, 2009, 18:02
by Vonnie
xx
Pet Duck Vacinations

Started by darrena on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post May 21, 2009, 13:15
by Sassy

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 32 queries.