Brown edges on leaves

• 3 Replies

mikegm

Brown edges on leaves
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:12 »
This year (no greenhouse yet) I purchased one of those cheap plastic zip up tent things with 3 or 4 shelves, ideal for a bit of extra warmth for the new seedlings. But here is the question - I placed a few small pepper plants inside, been in there for a while now. The edges of the leaves have gone a wrinkley brown. Is this because the conditions are quite humid (lots of condensation?) Do I really need to unzip the 'tent' and allow more fresh air in? Your advice please.

the Kergan

• Experienced Member
Re: Brown edges on leaves
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:23 »
I used to use these before I got a greenhouse and due to it being a small plastic covered space it sweats when hot. And those small plastic tents get very hot very quickly. I would have it open during the day and on warm nights I would leave it open.

I think you are either getting rotting leaves due to condensation or your baking the plants if their getting to hot.
"Your first job is to prepare the soil.  The best tool for this is your neighbor's motorized garden tiller.  If your neighbor does not own a garden tiller, suggest that he buy one."

mikegm

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 10:58 »
Thanks for that, just been out in the drizzle and rolled up the front, hopefully will see an improvement. :)

fatcat1955

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:03 »
Condensation is more likely to cause mildew/fungus infection's. It is probably too hot or are the leaves touching the plastic? Could have been a recent frost.

xx
Winter cauliflowers a bit brown about the edges

Started by Anton on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 03, 2021, 08:59
by Anton
xx
brown leaves

Started by mat whitlock on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 22, 2016, 13:47
by mat whitlock
xx
brown leaves

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2014, 09:46
by Aunt Sally
xx
Brown Leaves

Started by beth123 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 21:31
by beth123

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 33 queries.